Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Virginia Senate District 22|
|Bachelor's||Pennsylvania State University, 1997|
|J.D.||University of Virginia|
|Service/branch||U.S. Marine Corps|
|Years of service||1997-2001|
Rhode graduated from Pennsylvania State University in 1997. He then joined the United States Marine Corps as a Second Lieutenant. He served on active duty for four years and was promoted to the rank of Captain. He then graduated from the University of Virginia Law School.
Rhode then began working as an attorney for Hunton & Williams, LLP. He has worked as a prosecutor for the Commonwealth's Attorney's Office since 2006.
- See also: Virginia State Senate elections, 2011
|Virginia State Senate Republican Primary, 2011|
Rhode's website lists the following issues:
- Reducing the Size and Scope of Government
- Excerpt: "Government cannot and should not do everything. Government should be an essential — but a limited — part of the lives of its citizens, focusing on the core functions of public safety, education, and infrastructure."
- Keeping Taxes Low
- Excerpt: "In order to promote entrepreneurship, job creation, and economic stability in Central Virginia, taxes on businesses and individuals must be low, predictable, and efficiently used."
- Improving Infrastructure
- Excerpt: "A community’s economic lifeblood is its infrastructure. Good roads and bridges; rail, air and water transportation access; utilities; and telecommunications like internet and cell phone access are all essential to creating jobs in Central Virginia."
- Improving Education and Preserving Human Capital
- Excerpt: "...we must focus on education and job training that allows and encourages hard-working families and their children to stay in the District."
- Standing for Core Conservative Values
- Excerpt: "I am pro-life, pro-Second Amendment, and pro-family values."