Difference between revisions of "Bud Nornes"
|Line 109:||Line 109:|
Revision as of 12:13, 10 August 2012
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 10A|
|1997 - present|
|January 8, 2013|
|Years in position||18|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|First elected||November 5, 1996|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Other||Brown Institute of Broadcasting|
|Date of birth||March 21, 1943|
|Place of birth||Beltrami, MN|
|Profession||Owner/Broadcaster, KJJK AM/FM Radio|
Nornes is Owner and Broadcaster of KJJK AM/FM Radio.
Prior to joining the House, he was a member of the Fergus Falls School Board from 1983-1996.
Nornes is a member of the Chamber of Commerce, Ducks Unlimited, Elks, Kiwanis, Minnesota Broadcaster Association, National Association of Broadcasters, Pheasants Forever, and United Way.
He is married and has 3 children.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Nornes has been appointed to these committees:
- Capital Investment
- Higher Education Policy and Finance, Chair
- Rules and Legislative Administration
- Ways and Means
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Nornes served on these committees:
- Higher Education and Workforce Development Finance and Policy Division (GOP Lead Higher Ed.)
- Early Childhood Finance and Policy Division
- Energy Finance and Policy Division
- K-12 Education Policy and Oversight
Nornes is running unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 10A (2010)|
|Richard Kagan (DFL)||5,449||35.65%|
|Bud Nornes (R)||9,816||64.23%|
Bud Nornes raised $28,685 for his campaign.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 10A (2008)|
|Bud Nornes (R)||11,212||55.49%|
|Greg Stumbo (DFL)||8,981||44.45%|
In 2010, Nornes received $19,226 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed below.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Bud Nornes's campaign in 2010|
|Otter Tail County Republican Party||$1,000|
|Otter Trail County Rpm||$500|
|Afscme Minnesota Council 5||$500|
|Inter Faculty Organization||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$19,226|
Listed below are the two largest contributors to Bud Nornes' 2008 campaign.
|Otter Tail County Republican Party||$2,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Bud + Nornes + Minnesota + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Minnesota House of Representatives - Rep. Bud Nornes
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Nornes
- Minnesota Secretary of State "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," Accessed June 18, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State – 2010 General Election Results
- 2008 General Election Results
- Follow the Money's report on Nornes' 2008 campaign contributions
- Follow the Money - 2010 Campaign contributions
|Minnesota State House District 10A
| Succeeded by|
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |