Bud Phillips (old)
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Virginia House of Delegates District 2|
|1990 - 2012|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 3, 2009|
|Date of birth||04/08/1950|
|Place of birth||Clintwood, VA|
Phillips is an attorney by trade. He is a member of the Pinnacle Park Committee, Stone Mountain Health Care Clinic, Virginia Lawyers Association, and Virginia State Bar.
- Privileges and Elections
- Constitutional Amendments Subcommittee
- General Laws
- FOIA/Procurement Subcommittee
- Economic Development Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee
- General Government Subcommittee
- Higher Education Subcommittee
- HB 2181 Freedom of Information Act; protection of internal controls of State's financial systems.
- HB 2191 Health insurance; mandated coverage for telehealth services.
- HB 2332 Enterprise zone economic incentive grants; increases amount of investment made to be eligible.
- HB 2519 Electric utilities; SCC to establish procedures regarding refunds of moneys collected.
Phillips did not seek re-election in 2011. His residency was changed from district 2 to district 4 after the 2011 redistricting process.
On November 3, 2009, Phillips won re-election to the 2nd District Seat in the Virginia House of Delegates.
Phillips raised $50,426 for his campaign.
|Virginia House of Delegates, District 2 (2009)|
|Clarence (Bud) Phillips (D)||11,253||90.6%|
The top 5 donors to Phillip's 2009 campaign:
|BB & T||$20,000|
|Virginia Beer Wholesalers Inc||$1,750|
|Virginia Wine Wholesalers Assoc||$1,750|
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Richmond Sunlight - Rep. Phillips profile
- Virginia Public Access Project - Rep. Phillips profile
- State Surge - legislative and voting track record
- Campaign contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 2001, 1999
|Virginia House of Delegates District 2
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |