C. Robert Brawley
|C. Robert Brawley|
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 95|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position (current service)||1|
|Years in position (previous service)||17|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|North Carolina House of Representatives|
|Bachelor's||North Carolina State University, 1968|
|Service/branch||North Carolina National Guard|
|Place of birth||Mooresville, NC|
Brawley received a Bachelor's degree from North Carolina State University in 1968. He is an insurance agent. Brawley was a helicopter pilot in the North Carolina National Guard.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Brawley served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Commerce and Job Development|
|• Insurance, Vice-chair|
|• State Personnel|
Finance chair resignation
Brawley ran in the 2012 election for North Carolina House of Representatives District 95. He defeated Charlton L. Allen and Marc Fasano in the Republican primary on May 8, 2012. He was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
Brawley credited what he called a positive "face to face" campaign for his primary victory.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 95, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||C. Robert Brawley||94.8%||27,856|
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 95 Republican Primary, 2012|
|C. Robert Brawley||57.6%||4,947|
|Charlton L. Allen||34.9%||3,001|
Brawley unsuccessfully ran for North Carolina Insurance Commissioner in 2004.
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Robert + Brawley + North Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Statesville Record & Landmark, "Face-to-face campaigning was the key, Brawley says," May 14, 2012. Retrieved June 15, 2012.
- Mooresville Tribune, "Brawley targets a return to N.C. House," February 24, 2012. Retrieved June 15, 2012.
- votesmart.org - Biography
- ABC Local News "NC House Finance Chairman resigns, blames Tillis," May 22, 2013
- WCNC "Rep. Robert Brawley resigns as chair of the House Finance Committee," May 22, 2013
- Charlotte Observer "Mooresville lawmaker quits co-chairman post over upset with House Speaker Thom Tillis," May 22, 2013
- North Carolina Board of Elections "Candidate lists," Accessed March 5, 2012
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results," Accessed June 22, 2012
Grey Mills, Jr. (R)
|North Carolina House - District 95
| Succeeded by|
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |