CP Craig recall, Lebanon, Missouri (2011)
Craig was elected to the post of mayor of Lebanon in April 2008. An attempt to recall him in 2009 failed. In January 2011, the Lebanon City Council gave a vote of "no confidence" in his leadership.
Motivation for recall
Those supporting the recall offered these reasons as to why they wanted to remove Craig from office:
- Ed Green: "From pretty much the first day he took office, things really went down hill. He referred to us personally as mosquitoes in a room."
- B. Marcum: "I'm not happy with the way he does things."
- Bill Rook: "He stripped the ranks of everyone (in the police department) to road officers. I voted for him, and now I work on a seven-day basis to correct my mistake."
- Lawana Hulsey: ""[Lebanon] was a great place to live, but now I'm embarrassed to tell people where I live. We just want our city back, and we want an honest government."
The City of Lebanon is also on the receiving end of a lawsuit from the state's attorney general, Chris Koster, alleging that it is in violation of Louisiana's Sunshine Law. The city strenuously denies this accusation.
Path to the ballot
The committee that was organized to spearhead the recall effort submitted signatures on recall petitions to election officials in April 2011. 
Approximately 2,200 valid signatures were required.
- KSPR, "Citizens Launch Effort to have Mayor of Lebanon Recalled", February 22, 2011
- News Leader, "Lebanon residents launch effort to oust mayor", March 16, 2011
- Ozarks First, "City of Lebanon MO Vows to Fight Civil Suit", March 16, 2011
- KTTS, "Recall Of Lebanon Mayor May Be Near", April 18, 2011
- Ozarks First, "Lebanon, MO Mayor Says He Won't Resign", February 28, 2011
State of Missouri
Jefferson City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor & Industrial Relations | Chairman of Public Service Commission |