Calcasieu Parish is one of 64 parishes in Louisiana. A parish, in Louisiana, is the equivalent of a county in other states. The parish seat is Lake Charles. As of 2000, the population was 183,577. The Lake Charles Metropolitan Statistical Area consists of Calcasieu and Cameron Parishes.
- See also: Evaluation of Louisiana parish websites
- Meeting minutes and agendas are posted online. The parish also live steams meetings.
- The police jurors and their contact information are posted.
- Contact information is posted for administrative and elected officials.
- The current budget is posted. The parish should consider posting past budget to allow residents to compare the current budget with previous years.
- The website allows citizens to send feedback on the parish.
- Information is provided regarding permits and who to contact with questions about planning and zoning, but not all applications are downloadable.
- Contract information is posted.
- The Annual Financial Report included audits for the parish.
- Contract information is somewhat difficult to understand.
- Some of the drop-down menus are hard to navigate as they disappear beneath the bottom of the screen.
- The website does not disclose whether the parish belongs to any government sector lobbying associations.
- Local tax information is not provided.
- There is no instruction posted on how to access, or whom to contact, regarding public records.