California's 16th Congressional District elections, 2012
Candidates wishing to run must file by the signature filing deadline of March 9, 2012. The primary election will be held on June 5, 2012.
Heading into the election the incumbent is Zoe Lofgren (D), who was first elected in 1994. However, due to heavy redistricting, the current incumbent of the district will most likely no longer remain in the district.
- Note: Due to California's recently adopted Top Two Candidates Open Primary Act, all candidates compete in one primary. The two who receive the most votes move on to the general election, regardless of any party affiliation.
- No candidates have declared an intent to run yet.
Impact of redistricting
- See also: Redistricting in California
|U.S. House, California District 16 General Election, 2010|
|Democratic||Zoe Lofgren Incumbent||67.8%||105,841|
- United States House of Representatives elections in California, 2012
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2012