California's 16th Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
June 3, 2014
California has a top-two primary system, in which the top two vote-getters, regardless of party, go on to the general election.
Heading into the election the incumbent is Jim Costa (D), who was first elected in 2004.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.
|U.S. House, California District 16 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Jim Costa Incumbent||57.4%||84,649|
|Republican||Brian Daniel Whelan||42.6%||62,801|
|Source: California Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|U.S. House, California District 16 General Election, 2010|
|Democratic||Zoe Lofgren Incumbent||67.8%||105,841|
- United States House of Representatives elections in California, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- California Redistricting Map "Map" accessed September 25, 2012
- Facebook, "Tacherra For Congress," accessed October 9, 2013
- [Photo submission to Ballotpedia, October 19, 2013]
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"