California's 2nd Congressional District elections, 2012
Candidates wishing to run must file by the signature filing deadline of March 9, 2012. The primary election will be held on June 5, 2012.
Heading into the election the incumbent is Wally Herger (R), who was first elected in 1986. However, due to heavy redistricting, the current incumbent of the district will most likely no longer remain in the district.
- Note: Due to California's recently adopted Top Two Candidates Open Primary Act, all candidates compete in one primary. The two who receive the most votes move on to the general election, regardless of any party affiliation.
- Susan Adams: Member of the Marin County Board of Supervisors 
- Andy Caffrey: 
- William Courtney: 
- Jared Huffman: Member of the California State Assembly 
- Stacey Lawson: Businesswoman 
- Tiffany Renee: Member of the Petaluma City Council 
- Norman Solomon: Activist 
- Daniel Roberts: Investment company president 
Impact of redistricting
- See also: Redistricting in California
|U.S. House, California District 2 General Election, 2010|
|Republican||Wally Herger Incumbent||57.2%||130,837|
- United States House of Representatives elections in California, 2012
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2012
- Susan Adams campaign website
- Andy Caffrey campaign website
- William Courtney campaign website
- Jared Huffman campaign website
- Stacey Lawson campaign website
- Tiffany Renée campaign website
- Norman Solomon campaign website
- Dan Roberts campaign website
- "Lawson jumps into race for North Bay congressional seat", pressdemocrat.com, August 25, 2011
- "San Rafael businesswoman running for Congress raises big bucks in a hurry", marinij.com, October 18, 2011
- "Who Should Represent us in Congress? Take Our Poll", Novato.Patch.com, October 19, 2011
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"