California's 44th Congressional District elections, 2014
California is one of three states to use a blanket primary, or top-two system, which allows all candidates to run and all voters to vote but only moves the top two vote-getters, regardless of party affiliation, to the general election.
Heading into the election the incumbent is Janice Hahn (D), who was first elected in 2010.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.General election candidates
June 3, 2014, primary results
|U.S. House, California District 44 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Janice Hahn Incumbent||60.2%||99,909|
|Democratic||Laura Richardson Incumbent||39.8%||65,989|
|Source: California Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|U.S. House, California District 44 General Election, 2010|
|Republican||Ken Calvert Incumbent||55.6%||107,482|
- United States House of Representatives elections in California, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Cook Political Report, "2014 HOUSE RACE RATINGS FOR June 26, 2014," accessed July 28, 2014
- Sabato's Crystal Ball, "2014 House Races," accessed July 28, 2014
- National Conference of State Legislatures Website, "State Primary Election Types," accessed January 6, 2014
- Fair Vote, "Congressional and Presidential Primaries: Open, Closed, Semi-Closed, and 'Top Two,'" accessed January 6, 2014
- Ballotpedia research conducted December 26, 2013, through January 3, 2014, researching and analyzing various state websites and codes.
- California Redistricting Map, "Map," accessed September 25, 2012
- California Secretary of State, "Certified List of Candidates for the November 4, 2014, General Election," accessed August 28, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Certified List of Write-in Candidates for the June 3, 2014, Statewide Direct Primary Election," accessed May 24, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed July 15, 2014
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"