The 47th congressional district of California
will hold an election for the U.S. House of Representatives
on November 6, 2012.
Candidates wishing to run must file by the signature filing deadline of March 9, 2012. The primary elections will be held on June 5, 2012.
Heading into the election the incumbent is Loretta Sanchez (D), who was first elected in 1996. However, due to heavy redistricting, the current incumbent of the district will most likely no longer remain in the district.
Impact of redistricting
- See also: Redistricting in California
On November 2, 2010, Loretta Sanchez won re-election to the United States House. She defeated Van Tran and Cecilia Iglesias in the general election.
|U.S. House, California District 47 General Election, 2010
||Loretta Sanchez Incumbent
|| Van Tran
|| Cecilia Iglesias
- ↑ "State Senator Announces Bid in New Long Beach District", rollcall.com, June 17, 2011
- ↑ "UPDATE: Councilmember Gary DeLong Announces Run for Congress, Endorsed By Governor Deukmejian and Supervisor Knabe", lbpost.com, August 17, 2011
- ↑ "Delong, Edgar top campaign fundraisers in Long Beach race", contracostatimes.com, October 17, 2011
- ↑ "EXCLUSIVE: Former Rep. Steven Kuykendall To Run For 47th Congressional District", lbpost.com, August 24, 2011
- ↑ U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"