California's 50th Congressional District elections, 2012
Candidates wishing to run must file by the signature filing deadline of March 9, 2012. The primary elections will be held on June 5, 2012.
Heading into the election the incumbent is Brian Bilbray (R), who was first elected in 2006. However, due to heavy redistricting, the current incumbent of the district will most likely no longer remain in the district.
Impact of redistricting
- See also: Redistricting in California
- United States House of Representatives elections in California, 2012
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2012
- "JULIAN ACTIVIST MAKES THIRD RUN FOR CONGRESS", eastcountymagazine.org, October 31, 2011
- "Crest Democrat Seeks Congress Seat: ‘I’m Going to Make Hunter Bleed", santee.patch.com, November 3, 2011
- "REGION: Saldana is against Bilbray as redistricting completed", nctimes.com, August 16, 2011
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"