California's 7th congressional district elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
California has a top-two primary system, in which the top two vote-getters, regardless of party, go on to the general election.
Heading into the election the incumbent is Ami Bera (D), who was first elected in 2012.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.
- Ami Bera - Incumbent
Incumbent Ami Bera (D) is a member of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee's Frontline Program. The program is designed to help protect vulnerable Democratic incumbents heading into the 2014 election.
|U.S. House, California District 7 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Dan Lungren Incumbent||48.3%||132,050|
|Source: California Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|U.S. House, California District 7 General Election, 2010|
|Democratic||George Miller Incumbent||68.3%||122,435|
- United States House of Representatives elections in California, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- ↑ California Redistricting Map "Map" Accessed September 25, 2012
- ↑ The Sacramento Bee, "Elizabeth Emken eyes challenging Ami Bera in Sacramento seat," February 23, 2013
- ↑ Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, "DCCC Chairman Steve Israel Announces 2013-2014 Frontline Members," March 5, 2013
- ↑ U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"