|Hawaii House of Representatives District 20|
|January 19, 2013|
|Years in position||37|
|Speaker, Hawaii State House of Representatives|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||University of Hawaii-Manoa, 1974|
|Birthday||February 1, 1952|
|Place of birth||Honolulu, HI|
Say was President of Kotake Shokai, Limited from 1980-2006, and a Secretary at Tokyo Bento Nichiyo.
He is a member of the State Legislative Leaders Foundation Board of Directors, and President/Executive Committee, National Speaker's Conference.
Say is running in the 2012 election for Hawaii House of Representatives District 20. Say defeated Dwight Synan in the Democratic primary on August 11, 2012. Julia Allen is running unopposed in the Republican primary. The general election takes place on November 6, 2012.
Say won re-election to the 20th District Seat in 2010. Say defeated Dwight Synan in the September 18 primary. The primary election took place on September 18, 2010. The general election took place on November 2, 2010. Julia Allen ran on the Republican ticket for this seat.
|Hawaii House of Representatives, District 20 (2010)|
|Calvin Say (D)||5,907||70.3%|
|Julia Allen (R)||2,086||24.8%|
On November 4, 2008, Say won re-election to the Hawaii House of Representatives from Hawaii's 20th District, defeating Julia Allen (R). Say received 7,129 votes in the election while Allen received 1,916 votes. Say raised $44,250 for his campaign; Allen raised $398.
|Hawaii House of Representatives, District 20|
|Calvin Say (D)||7,129||73.5%|
|Julia Allen (R)||1,916||19.7%|
In 2010, Say raised $60,229 in contributions. 
His four largest contributors were:
|Hawaii Medical Association||$2,000|
|Mccrory, Lynn P||$2,000|
|Hiraki, Randal M||$2,000|
In 2008, Say collected $44,250 in campaign contributions. The five largest contributors to his campaign were as follows:
|Soon Moon Park||$2,000|
|Plumbers and Pipefitters||$2,000|
|University of Hawaii Professional Assembly||$2,000|
|Jay R. Kadowaki||$2,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Calvin + Say + Hawaii + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Hawaii House of Representatives - Rep. Calvin Say
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000
- KHON, "Calvin Say retains House leadership position," January 19, 2011
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Say
- State of Hawaii: Office of Elections, "Federal/State/County Candidates, 2012 Primary Elections," retrieved June 11, 2012
- Hawaii Secretary of State - Unofficial 2012 primary results
- Hawaii State Office of Elections - 2010 general election certified results
- Hawaii House official election results for 2008
- District 20 Hawaii House candidate funds, 2008
- 2010 contributions
- 2008 contributions to Calvin Say
|Hawaii House District 20
| Succeeded by|
State of Hawaii
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Director of Finance | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Hawaii Director of Commerce and Consumer Affairs | Commissioner of Agriculture | Chairperson of Land and Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Industrial Relations | Chair of Public Utilities |