|General election||November 4, 2014|
|U.S. House, Florida, District 18|
|Florida House of Representatives District 83|
Due to Florida term limits, Domino could not run for re-election in the Florida House of Representatives elections of 2010.
Domino currently works as an investment manager. He previously served as a Commander in the United States Naval Reserve, founded Northern Trust Value Investors, and worked as a Portfolio Analyst with the Decatur Income Fund, Delaware Management Company.
Domino is a member of the American Cancer Society Board, Chamber of Commerce of the Palm Beaches, Chairman of the Easter Seals Tournament, and member of the Economic Council, Florida State University Boosters, Florida State University Foundation, Kiwanis Club, and Knights of Columbus.
Domino did not provide answers to the Florida State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
- Civil Justice & Courts Policy Committee (Chair)
- Criminal & Civil Justice Policy Council
- Economic Development Policy Committee
- Health Care Appropriations Committee
- Insurance, Business & Financial Affairs Policy Committee
Domino's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 91 - "Public Postsecondary Education: Creates study committee to investigate feasibility of, & process for, establishing research university"
- HB 145 - "Pub. Rec./DOH/Controlled Substances: Exempts from public records requirements information & records reported to DOH under electronic monitoring system for dispensing of certain controlled substances"
- HB 1099 - "Public Accountancy: Removes authority of Board of Accountancy or DBPR to require that applicants for licensure as CPAs pass examination pertaining to state laws & rules"
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
Domino is running for election to the U.S. House, representing the 18th Congressional District of Florida. He is seeking the Republican nomination in the primary. The general election takes place on November 4, 2014.
On November 4, 2008, Domino won re-election to the Florida House of Representatives from Florida's 83rd District, defeating Bryan Miller (D). Domino received 44,283 votes in the election while Miller received 40,815 votes. Domino raised $321,033 for his campaign; Miller raised $353,257.
|Florida House of Representatives, District 83|
|Carl Domino (R)||44,283||52.0%|
|Bryan Miller (D)||40,815||48.0%|
Candidates for Congress are required to file up to seven main reports with the Federal Election Commission during the 2014 elections season. Below are Carl Domino's reports.
|Carl Domino (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|October Quarterly||October 16, 2013||$0.00||$190,961.63||$(28,891.99)||$162,069.64|
|Year End||January 31, 2014||$162,069||$205,503||$(93,439)||$274,133|
|April Quarterly||April 15, 2014||$274,133||$181,840||$(68,300)||$387,672|
Below are Domino's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|FL Republican Party||$78,584|
|Carl J Domino||$2,094|
|FL Chamber of Commerce||$2,000|
|FL Assoc of Insurance Agents||$2,000|
- United States congressional delegations from Florida
- United States House of Representatives
- Florida's 18th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Florida's 18th Congressional District
- Florida House of Representatives - Rep. Carl Domino
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2000
- Carl Domino on LinkedIn
- Campaign website
- Facebook page
- Post on Politics "Former GOP state Rep. Carl Domino says he’s running for Murphy’s congressional seat" Accessed July 10, 2013
- List of 2010 state legislative candidates in Florida
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Domino Biography
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Domino Issue Positions
- Florida Secretary of State Elections Division "Candidate List" Accessed June 14, 2012
- Florida House official election results for 2008
- District 83 Florida House candidate funds, 2008
- Federal Election Commission "Carl Domino 2014 Summary reports," Accessed November 4, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "October Quarterly," accessed November 4, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "Year End Report," accessed February 24, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "April Quarterly," accessed April 28, 2014
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
|Florida House of Representatives District 83
| Succeeded by|
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |