|New York State Assembly District 84|
|1995 - Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||19|
|Per diem||$171/full day; $61/half day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Associate's||Eugenio Maria de Hostos Community College, 1978|
|Bachelor's||School of New Resources, College of New Rochelle, 1980|
|Place of birth||Corozal, Puerto Rico|
Arroyo is the author of "Mis Poesias".
Arroyo earned a secretarial-bookkeeper degree from Sixto Febus Business School in Puerto Rico; an AA from Eugenio Maria de Hostos Community College; and a BA in school of new resources from College of New Rochelle. She and her husband, Hector, have seven children.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Arroyo served on the following committees:
- Aging Committee, New York State Assembly
- Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Committee, New York State Assembly
- Children and Families Committee, New York State Assembly
- Education Committee, New York State Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Arroyo served on the following committees:
- Aging Committee, New York Assembly
- Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Committee, New York Assembly
- Subcommittee on Effective Treatment
- Children and Families Committee, New York Assembly
- Economic Development, Job Creation, Commerce and Industry Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
Arroyo ran in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 84. She defeated Maximino Rivera and Charles R. Serrano in the Democratic primary on September 13, 2012. She defeated Franklin Chidi Oleh in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012. 
|New York State Assembly, District 84, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Carmen Arroyo Incumbent||97.6%||25,298|
|Conservative||Franklin Chidi Oleh||2.4%||616|
|New York State Assembly, District 84 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Carmen Arroyo Incumbent||53.2%||1,370|
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
|New York State Assembly, District 84 2010|
|Carmen Arroyo (D)||10,896|
|Roseline Nieves (R)||1,063|
On November 4, 2008 Carroyo won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 84, defeating opponent Frank Dellavalle (C).
Arroyo raised $26,320 for his campaign while Dellavalle raised $0.
|New York State Assembly, District 84 2008|
|Carmen Arroyo (D)||22,575|
|Frank Dellavalle (C)||271|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Arroyo received $16,730 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New York State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Carmen Arroyo's campaign in 2010|
|New Horizons Democratic Club||$2,000|
|Herrera, Manuel A||$2,000|
|Fernandez, Jose E||$1,500|
|Ruben Diaz For State Senate||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$16,730|
In the 2008 election, Arroyo raised a total of $26,320.
His five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|SBCC Management CORP||$3,000|
|Fox Y Garcia Construction||$2,000|
|Four Donors, Each Donating $1,000||$1,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Carmen + Arroyo + New York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York Assembly - Rep. Carmen Arroyo
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Arroyo
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, Candidate Petition List, retrieved August 15, 2012.
- ABC News, "New York unofficial 2012 primary election results," accessed September 13, 2012
- New York Daily News, "32BJ/SEIU Endorses For State Senate, Assembly," August 1, 2012
- New York Times NY state legislative election results
- Follow the Money's report 2008 Campaign donations in New York
- Follow the Money - 2010 contributions
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
|New York Assembly District 84
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |