|New York State Assembly District 84|
|1995 - Present|
|January 7, 2013|
|Years in position||20|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Associates||Eugenio Maria de Hostos Community College, 1978|
|Bachelor's||School of New Resources, College of New Rochelle, 1980|
|Date of birth||01/09/1933|
|Place of birth||Corozal, Puerto Rico|
Arroyo is the author of "Mis Poesias".
Arroyo earned a secretarial-bookkeeper degree from Sixto Febus Business School in Puerto Rico; an AA from Eugenio Maria de Hostos Community College; and a BA in school of new resources from College of New Rochelle. She and her husband, Hector, have seven children.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Arroyo has been appointed to the following committees:
- Aging Committee, New York State Assembly
- Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Committee, New York State Assembly
- Children and Families Committee, New York State Assembly
- Education Committee, New York State Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Arroyo served on the following committees:
- Aging Committee, New York Assembly
- Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Committee, New York Assembly
- Subcommittee on Effective Treatment
- Children and Families Committee, New York Assembly
- Economic Development, Job Creation, Commerce and Industry Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
|New York State Assembly, District 84 2010|
|Carmen Arroyo (D)||10,896|
|Roseline Nieves (R)||1,063|
On November 4, 2008 Carroyo won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 84, defeating opponent Frank Dellavalle (C).
Arroyo raised $26,320 for his campaign while Dellavalle raised $0.
|New York State Assembly, District 84 2008|
|Carmen Arroyo (D)||22,575|
|Frank Dellavalle (C)||271|
In 2010, Arroyo received $16,730 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New York State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Carmen Arroyo's campaign in 2010|
|New Horizons Democratic Club||$2,000|
|Herrera, Manuel A||$2,000|
|Fernandez, Jose E||$1,500|
|Ruben Diaz For State Senate||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$16,730|
In the 2008 election, Arroyo raised a total of $26,320.
His five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|SBCC Management CORP||$3,000|
|Fox Y Garcia Construction||$2,000|
|Four Donors, Each Donating $1,000||$1,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Carmen + Arroyo + New York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York Assembly - Rep. Carmen Arroyo
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
|New York Assembly - District 84
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
State of New York Court of Appeals | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Supreme Courts (Trial Courts) | County Courts | Family Courts | Surrogates' Courts | Court of Claims | District Courts | New York City Civil Court | New York City Criminal Courts | New York City Courts | Problem Solving Courts | Town and Village Courts | Judicial selection in New York |