|Michigan House of Representatives District 4|
|Bachelor's||Texas Southern University|
|Place of birth||Detroit, Michigan|
|Profession||Analyst for Detroit City Council|
Banks was by Marcelus Brice, Paris Canty, Mohammed Hassan, Adam Hollier, Ernest Little, Rose Mary Robinson, Beverly Tran, Mervin White, Jonathan Wright, and Robert Zwolak in the Democratic primary on August 7.
In a July 29 interview with the The Michigan Citizen, Banks cited public safety, preschool and young adult education and lack of assistance for senior citizens as the defining issues of her campaign.
- Public Safety
Banks wants to help establish a public safety task force. “You can’t get certain people to come to certain parts of the city,” she said in the interview.
"I am for increasing the amount of money we spend on education. I’m for increasing the school year. At a state level, we put more dollars into prisons than in education. We used to focus on the creative side of the child. Now we’re just talking about reading writing, arithmetic and engineering."
- Senior citizens
"Seniors live on fixed incomes and they don’t know a lot of the resources that are out there that they need. We need to create legislation on the state level to help them."
Banks was a Democratic candidate for District 3 in the Michigan House of Representatives in the November 2, 2010 state legislative elections. Banks was defeated by Alberta Tinsley Talabi in the Democratic primary on August 3, 2010.
Banks is married with three children and three grandchildren.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Carol + Banks + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this candidate due to the nature of the search engine.
- Banks on Facebook
- Official Campaign Website
- Michigan Board of Elections-2012 Candidate List
- Michigan Department of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- Associated Press "Michigan - Summary Vote Results," Accessed August 7, 2012
- The Michigan Citizen, "The 4th District," July 29, 2012
- Michigan Secretary of State, 2010 Primary Election Results – State Representative, retrieved July 17, 2012.
- Carol Banks for State Rep on Facebook, "About," June 9, 2012
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |