Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, California, District 18|
|Birthday||August 28, 1957|
|Place of birth||Los Angeles, CA|
Brouillet's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Foreign Policy
- Excerpt: "Our current foreign policy serves to guard our global empire through political, military, and economic coercion. We must stop inflicting our will on other nations through militarism and imperial power. Instead, we need to recreate a flourishing democracy and a vibrant economy here at home that other nations might want to emulate. "
- Democracy & Civil Liberties
- Excerpt: "Major American political parties are private organizations. They are controlled top-down by powerful officeholders and top contributors. Because the national parties respond only to the most wealthy, most influential, and most powerful, the vast majority of Americans are essentially left out of the political system. A minority of eligible voters participate in non-presidential elections, and more identify as independent voters than ever before."
- Justice Issues
- Excerpt: "We must hold our public officials to their oaths to defend the Constitution and serve the people. We must impeach them if they break their oath of office and perpetuate high crimes against America and the world. The federal government must limit its involvement to its stated powers and responsibilities, as required by the Tenth Amendment."
- Domestic Programs
- Excerpt: "Over half of personal bankruptcies in America occur as a result of medical emergencies. Health care is a human right, not an earned privilege. We need to make Medicare coverage universal in America. All other industrialized nations have such a system- their health care costs are only a fraction of ours. Health-care is a big business, providing expensive care and insuring people."
- Energy & Environment
- Excerpt: "Our dependence on fossil fuels, especially foreign oil, distorts our foreign policy and threatens the environment. We can greatly curtail our energy use by scaling down our Department of Defense, the world’s largest polluter. Intercity high-speed rail and well-maintained urban and suburban light rail could substitute for the ubiquitous need for cars."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Carol + Brouillet + California + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Brouillet and her husband, Jean-Luc, have three children.
State of California
|Ballot measures by year||
1910 | 1911 | 1912 | 1914 | 1915 | 1916 | 1919 | 1920 | 1922 | 1924 | 1926 | 1928 | 1930 | 1932 | 1933 | 1934 | 1935 | 1936 | 1938 | 1939 | 1940 | 1942 | 1944 | 1946 | 1948 | 1949 | 1950 | 1952 | 1954 | 1956 | 1958 | 1960 | 1962 | 1964 | 1966 | 1968 | 1970 | 1972 | 1973 | 1974 | 1976 | 1978 | 1980 | 1982 | 1984 | 1986 | 1988 | 1990 | 1992 | 1993 | 1994 | 1996 | 1998 | 2000 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2006 (local) | 2008 | 2008 (local) | 2009 | 2009 (local) | 2010 | 2010 (local) | 2011 (local) | 2012 | 2012 (local) | 2014 |
|State executive offices||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Controller | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary for Natural Resources | Director of Industrial Relations | President of Public Utilities |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
California school districts A - L |
California school districts M - Z |