|Hawaii State Senate District 11|
|1992 - 2012|
|January 19, 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Hawaii House of Representatives|
|Bachelor's||University of Hawaii|
|J.D.||University of Hawaii|
|Date of birth||December 12, 1947|
Fukunaga attended the State Constitutional Convention in 1978. She served in the Hawaii State House of Representatives from 1978 to 1982 and again from 1986 to 1992. She then joined the Hawaii State Senate in 1992. She has served in that position since, representing the 11th district.
Fukunaga was an Executive Officer for the Office of the Lieutenant Governor from 1982 to 1986. She is currently and attorney.
Fukunaga earned her BA from the University of Hawaii. She went on to receive her JD from Richardson School of Law at the University of Hawaii in 1976.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Fukunaga served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Fukunaga served on these committees:
- Committee on Economic Development and Technology, Hawaii Senate
- Committee on Water, Land, Agriculture and Hawaiian Affairs, Hawaii Senate
- Committee on Ways and Means, Hawaii Senate
- See also: Hawaii State Senate elections, 2012
|Hawaii State Senate, District 11 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Brian Taniguchi Incumbent||55.4%||6,527|
|Carol Fukunaga Incumbent||44.6%||5,254|
- See also: Hawaii State Senate elections, 2010
Fukunaga won re-election to the 11th District Seat in 2010. Fukunaga defeated Earl Winfree in the September 18 primary. She did not have any opposition in the general election, which took place on November 2, 2010.
On November 7, 2006, Fukunaga won re-election to the Hawaii State Senate from Hawaii's 11th Senate District. Fukunaga received 8,568 votes in the election, defeating Phil Myers (R), who received 3,226 votes. Additionally, 678 "Blank" votes and 1 "Over" vote were cast in the election. Fukunaga raised $96,404 for her campaign; Myers raised $4,416.
|Hawaii State Senate, District 11 (2006)|
|Carol Fukunaga (D)||8,568||68.7%|
|Phil Myers (R)||3,226||25.9%|
In 2010, a year in which Fukunaga was up for re-election, he collected $95,334 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Hawaii State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Carol Fukunaga's campaign in 2010|
|Patsy T Mink PAC||$2,000|
|Theatrical Stage Employees Local 665||$1,750|
|Hawaii State Teachers Association||$1,700|
|Hawaii Government Employees Association||$1,250|
|Total Raised in 2010||$95,334|
In 2008, a year in which she was not up for re-election, Fukunaga raised $43,141 for her campaign. The five largest contributors to her campaign were as follows:
|Hawaii Association of Realtors||$2,750|
|Carol A. Fukunaga||$2,391|
|Waianae Valley Physical Therapy||$888|
In 2006, Fukunaga raised $96,404 in campaign contributions. The five largest contributors to her campaign were as follows:
|Plumbers and Pipefitters||$4,000|
|University of Hawaii Professional Assembly||$3,450|
|Hawaii Association of Realtors||$3,400|
|Ironworkers Local 625||$2,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Carol + Fukunaga + Hawaii + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Fukunaga's personal website
- Official Hawaii Senate profile
- Legislative profile on Vote Smart
- Bio on Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000
- Fukunaga's twitter
- State of Hawaii: Office of Elections, "Federal/State/County Candidates, 2012 Primary Elections," retrieved June 11, 2012
- Hawaii Secretary of State - Official 2012 Primary Results
- Hawaii State Office of Elections - 2010 general election certified results
- Hawaii Senate official election results for 2006
- District 11 Hawaii Senate candidate funds, 2006
- 2010 campaign contributions
- 2008 contributions to Carol Fukunaga
- 2006 contributions to Carol Fukunaga
|Hawaii State Senate District 11
| Succeeded by|
Brian Taniguchi (D)