Carol Miller (New Mexico)
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, New Mexico, District 3|
|Master's||University of California, Berkley|
|Profession||Executive Director, National Center for Frontier Communities|
Miller earned a BA in Art from Wheaton College and a Masters in Public Health from the University of California, Berkley. Miller has worked as an Emergency Medical Technician for 13 years and has served as a public health advocate in northern New Mexico for more than 30 years. She also actively supports "frontier communities," and is the founder and Executive Director of the National Center for Frontier Communities, "the only national organization dedicated to improving the lives of the people living in the most isolated and sparsely populated communities in the United States." Miller was appointed to positions at the US Public Health Service during the Reagan and Clinton Administrations.
- Access to health care professionals, wellness programs, clinics and hospitals that will give you quality care. Access to care is very different from just the mandate to have an insurance card for sickness care.
- A living wage. Not the minimum wage that keeps even fulltime workers in poverty.
- Our country becoming the world leader in the use of peaceful means to address conflicts and protect us. Now is the time to end the war and claim our long promised Peace Dividend to build the infrastructure, economy, schools, health facilities, parks, and libraries needed by the communities of the 3rd Congressional District.
- My experience as a parciante and Acequia Commissioner who understands land issues and the importance of water to the Third Congressional District.
Miller and her husband, Larry, have one daughter.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Carol + Miller + New Mexico + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.