|South Dakota House District 7|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Pitts earned her BS in Dietetics/Psychology from South Dakota State University. She went on to receive her MA in 1984. She is currently attending South Dakota State University to get her PhD.
Pitts has worked in the following positions: Major in the United States Army Reserves, Nutrition, Health, and Food Safety Specialist for South Dakota State University Cooperative Extension Service, Owner of Pitts Property Management, Limited Liability Company, Consultant Dietitian, and Director of Healthcare, Nutrion, and Food Safety for CBM Foodservice Company.
Prior to leaving the South Dakota House of Representatives, Pitts served on the following committees:
Pitts ran for re-election to one of two seats in District 7 of the South Dakota House of Representatives. She withdrew her candidacy in August 2010. Also running are Michael Bartley (R), Spencer Hawley (D) and Harold Widvey (D). Clayton Walker (D) was defeated in the primary. The election takes place on November 2, 2010.
In 2008, Pitts collected $9,212 in donations.
Her five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|South Dakota Republican Party||$522|
|South Dakota Association of Realtors||$500|
|South Dakota Association of Healthcare Organizations||$500|
|Doyle and Darla Hicks||$300|
- South Dakota House of Representatives - Rep. Carol Pitts
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2000
- [:*Carol Pitts Incumbent Pitts has represented this district since 2006.]
- South Dakota Secretary of State's official list of state candidates, 2010
- 2008 contributions to Carol Pitts
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 7
| Succeeded by|
Spencer Hawley (D), Scott Munsterman (R)