For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Difference between revisions of "Carole Pankau"
|Line 75:||Line 75:|
|Line 201:||Line 206:|
Revision as of 15:01, 9 December 2011
|Illinois State Senate District 23|
|2005 - Present|
|January 12, 2013|
|Years in position||10|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2008|
|First elected||November 2004|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Illinois House of Representatives|
|1993 – 2005|
|Bachelor's||University of Illinois (1981)|
|Date of birth||August 13, 1947|
|Place of birth||Valparaiso, Indiana|
Carole earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with Honors from the University of Illinois.
Pankau served on the DuPage County Board for eight years and the Keeneyville School District 20 Board member for eight years before being elected to the Illinois State House of Representatives in 1993. She was elected to the Illinois State Senate in 2004.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Pankau has been appointed to these committees:
- Commerce Committee, Illinois State Senate, Ranking Minority Member
- Committee of the Whole, Illinois Senate
- Energy Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Environment Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Human Services Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Public Health Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Subcommittee on Constitutional Amendments
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Pankau is running for re-election to the Illinois State Senate in District 23 in the 2012 election. Pankau is running against Randy Ramey in the Republican primary on March 20, 2012. The general election takes place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois State Senate, District 23 (2008)|
|Carole Pankau (R)||61,795|
In 2008, Pankau collected $242,167 in donations.
Listed below are those that contributed most to her campaign.
|Republican State Senate Campaign CMTE of Illinois||$40,545|
|Illinois State Medical Society||$7,000|
|Associated Beer Distributors of Illinois||$5,250|
|Electrical Workers Local 701||$5,200|
|Illinois Chamber of Commerce||$5,000|
|Illinois Realtors Association||$4,450|
|Itasca Bank & Trust Co.||$3,340|
|Illinois Hospital & Health Systems Association||$3,000|
|Bluestar Energy Services||$2,550|
|Illinois Merchants Association||$2,500|
|Illinois State Dental Society||$2,250|
|Illinois Automobile Dealers Association||$2,100|
|Cable Television & Communications Association of Illinois||$2,000|
|Steel Workers Local 17||$2,000|
2006 State Comptroller Campaign
In 2006, Carole Pankau challenged Democrat incumbent state Comptroller Dan Hynes, losing 31% to Hynes' 64%.
- Carole Pankau Republican State Senate Website
- Illinois State Senate - Carole Pankau
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996
- Carole Pankau on Facebook
|Illinois Senate District 23
| Succeeded by|