|Illinois State Senate District 23|
|2005 - Present|
|January 12, 2013|
|Years in position||8|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2008|
|First elected||November 2004|
|Next election||November 6, 2012|
|Illinois House of Representatives|
|1993 – 2005|
|Bachelor's||University of Illinois (1981)|
|Birthday||August 13, 1947|
|Place of birth||Valparaiso, Indiana|
- 1 Background
- 2 Committee assignments
- 3 Elections
- 4 Campaign donors
- 5 Committees
- 6 2006 State Comptroller Campaign
- 7 Scorecards
- 8 Recent news
- 9 External links
- 10 References
Carole earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with Honors from the University of Illinois.
Pankau served on the DuPage County Board for eight years and the Keeneyville School District 20 Board member for eight years before being elected to the Illinois State House of Representatives in 1993. She was elected to the Illinois State Senate in 2004.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Pankau served on these committees:
- Commerce Committee, Illinois State Senate, Ranking Minority Member
- Committee of the Whole, Illinois Senate
- Energy Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Environment Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Human Services Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Public Health Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Subcommittee on Constitutional Amendments
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Pankau ran for election in the 2012 election for Illinois State Senate District 23. Pankau defeated Randy Ramey in the Republican primary on March 20, 2012 and was defeated by Tom Cullerton (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois State Senate, District 23, General Election, 2012|
|Illinois State Senate, District 23 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Carole Pankau Incumbent||57.5%||10,366|
Pankau was endorsed by Family-Pac.
|Illinois State Senate, District 23 (2008)|
|Carole Pankau (R)||61,795|
In 2008, Pankau collected $242,167 in donations.
Listed below are those that contributed most to her campaign.
|Republican State Senate Campaign CMTE of Illinois||$40,545|
|Illinois State Medical Society||$7,000|
|Associated Beer Distributors of Illinois||$5,250|
|Electrical Workers Local 701||$5,200|
|Illinois Chamber of Commerce||$5,000|
|Illinois Realtors Association||$4,450|
|Itasca Bank & Trust Co.||$3,340|
|Illinois Hospital & Health Systems Association||$3,000|
|Bluestar Energy Services||$2,550|
|Illinois Merchants Association||$2,500|
|Illinois State Dental Society||$2,250|
|Illinois Automobile Dealers Association||$2,100|
|Cable Television & Communications Association of Illinois||$2,000|
|Steel Workers Local 17||$2,000|
2006 State Comptroller Campaign
In 2006, Carole Pankau challenged Democrat incumbent state Comptroller Dan Hynes, losing 31% to Hynes' 64%.
Illinois Opportunity Project
The Illinois Opportunity Project, "an independent research and public policy enterprise that promotes legislative solutions in advance of free markets and free minds," annually releases its Legislative Vote Card, grading all members in both chambers of the Illinois General Assembly on the basis of their support of "pro-growth economic policies that increase personal freedom and reign in expansive government."
Pankau received a score of 100.00 out of 100 in 2012 for a grade of A+ according to the IOP’s grading scale. Hier score was tied for the highest among all 59 members of the Illinois State Senate included in the Vote Card.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Carole + Pankau + Illinois + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Results are unavailable right now. Please check back later.
- Legislative website
- http://www.ilsenategop.com/mem-pankau.aspx[ Profile] at the Illinois Senate Republicans
- Profile at the Illinois General Assembly
- Profile at Facebook
- Summary, biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions at Follow The Money
- Profile at Wikipedia
- Candidate profile at the Daily Herald
- Pankau State Senate Republican Website
- IL State Senate Republican Caucus biography
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed December 31, 2012
- Family-Pac, "Endorsements," accessed June 22, 2012
- Illinois Senate election results for 2008
- Pankau Campaign Donors
- Illinois Opportunity Project, "The Project," accessed February 21, 2013
- Illinois Opportunity Project, Legislative Vote Card home page, accessed February 21, 2013
|Illinois Senate District 23
| Succeeded by|