For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Difference between revisions of "Caroline Casagrande"
|Line 87:||Line 87:|
|votes3 = 15392
|votes3 = 15392
|votes4 = 15060
|votes4 = 15060
Revision as of 12:52, 12 December 2011
|New Jersey General Assembly District 12|
|2008 - Present|
|Years in position||7|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 3, 2009|
|Next general||November 8, 2011|
|Bachelor's||Pennsylvania State University|
|J.D.||Rutgers School of Law, 2002|
|Date of birth||11/21/1976|
|Place of birth||Point Pleasant, NJ|
Casagrande received her JD from Rutgers School of Law and BA from Pennsylvania State University. She has worked as a partner with Menna Supko & Casagrande, an associate with Cleary Afieri Jones & Hoyle, and a law clerk with Honorable Robert W. O'Hagan. 
Casagrande won re-election in 2011, but for District 11 instead of her current District 12 due to redistricting. Casagrande and incumbent Mary Pat Angelini ran uncontested in the Republican Primary on June 7. They then defeated Kathleen Horgan (D), Vin Gopal (D), and Daniel Jacobson (I) in the November 8 general election.
First female legislative team
If the Republican candidates win in the general election, District 11 will feature the state's first all-female legislative team. In addition to Angelini and Casagrande, Jennifer Beck (R) won District 11 the New Jersey State Senate.
District 11 was reshaped to become a minority opportunity district. While NJSpotlight predicts a win for the GOP ticket, PolitickerNJ notes that the Asbury Park Press endorsement of Vin Gopal (D) may increase his chances of election. Jennifer Beck (R) and Casagrande were also endorsed--APP declined to endorse Raymond Santiago (D), Kathleen Horgan (D), and Mary Pat Angelini (R). In addition, the Democratic challengers in District 11 have raised over $100,000.
|New Jersey Assembly General Election, Twelfth Legislative District (2009)|
|Declan J. O'Scanlon, Jr. (R)||42,932|
|Caroline Casagrande (R)||42,662|
|Michelle Roth (D)||25,891|
|John Amberg (D)||24,125|
|Steven Welzer (Gr)||1,635|
Below are Casagrande's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2009 election:
|Add Funds Transferred From Prior Campaign||$12,759|
|Biondi, Peter J||$5,000|
|New Jersey Business & Industry Association||$2,000|
|New Jersey State Police Benevolent Association||$1,600|
Assemblywoman Casagrande discusses the sales tax holiday
- A2204 Permits use of overseas absentee ballots for all elections; authorizes transmission of ballots by electronic means.
- A3097 Requires labeling of foods produced from cloned animals.
- A3150 Provides for mandatory life imprisonment for aggravated sexual assault.
- A3552 Prohibits persons violating animal cruelty law from owning, keeping, or harboring animals; requires DHSS establish and maintain website list of such persons. 
National Political Awareness Test
Casagrande's answers to the New Jersey State Legislative Election 2007 National Political Awareness Test are available. In the test she listed her top priorities as:
- 1. Cut spending to lower property taxes - Eliminate $2 billion in wasteful government spending and cut property taxes permanently by at lease 20% for every NJ family.
- 2. Fully fund our schools - Five years of flat funding have driven school property taxes trhough the roof.
- 3. Pass real ethics reform - The politicians in Trenton failed to deliver reform. Its time to permanently ban politicians from abusing the pension system.
- New Jersey General Assembly - Hon. Caroline Casagrande
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- NJ 12th legislative district - Assemblywoman Casagrande
- Assemblywoman Casagrande on Twitter
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007
- Project Vote Smart - Assemblywoman Casagrande
- New Jersey Department of State, 2011 Official General Assembly Primary Candidate List
- Atlanticville, "GOP legislators kick off run for 11th District," June 30, 2011
- PolitickerNJ, "New Jersey Legislative Forecast," November 1, 2011
- NJ Spotlight, "Election 2011: Where the Republicans Can Pick Up Assembly Seats," April 12, 2011
- Star Ledger 2009 Election Results, November 4, 2009
- Official New Jersey Assembly General Election Results
- Follow the Money - 2009 Campaign contributions
- New Jersey Legislature - Bills by Sponsor
- Project Vote Smart - Assemblywoman Casagrande Issue Positions
|New Jersey General Assembly District 12
| Succeeded by|
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |