|New Jersey General Assembly District 12|
|2008 - Present|
|Years in position||6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 3, 2009|
|Next general||November 8, 2011|
|Bachelor's||Pennsylvania State University|
|J.D.||Rutgers School of Law, 2002|
|Place of birth||Point Pleasant, NJ|
Casagrande received her JD from Rutgers School of Law and BA from Pennsylvania State University. She has worked as a partner with Menna Supko & Casagrande, an associate with Cleary Afieri Jones & Hoyle, and a law clerk with Honorable Robert W. O'Hagan. 
Assemblywoman Casagrande discusses the sales tax holiday
Casagrande is running for re-election in 2011, but for District 11 instead of her current District 12 due to redistricting. Casagrande and incumbent Mary Pat Angelini ran uncontested in the Republican Primary on June 7. She faces Kathleen Horgan (D) and Vin Gopal (D) in the November 8 general election.
First female legislative team
If the Republican candidates win in the general election, District 11 will feature the state's first all-female legislative team. In addition to Angelini and Casagrande, Jennifer Beck (R) is running for District 11 the New Jersey State Senate.
|New Jersey Assembly General Election, Twelfth Legislative District (2009)|
|Declan J. O'Scanlon, Jr. (R)||42,932|
|Caroline Casagrande (R)||42,662|
|Michelle Roth (D)||25,891|
|John Amberg (D)||24,125|
|Steven Welzer (Gr)||1,635|
Below are Casagrande's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2009 election:
|Add Funds Transferred From Prior Campaign||$12,759|
|Biondi, Peter J||$5,000|
|New Jersey Business & Industry Association||$2,000|
|New Jersey State Police Benevolent Association||$1,600|
- A2204 Permits use of overseas absentee ballots for all elections; authorizes transmission of ballots by electronic means.
- A3097 Requires labeling of foods produced from cloned animals.
- A3150 Provides for mandatory life imprisonment for aggravated sexual assault.
- A3552 Prohibits persons violating animal cruelty law from owning, keeping, or harboring animals; requires DHSS establish and maintain website list of such persons. 
National Political Awareness Test
Casagrande's answers to the New Jersey State Legislative Election 2007 National Political Awareness Test are available. In the test she listed her top priorities as:
- 1. Cut spending to lower property taxes - Eliminate $2 billion in wasteful government spending and cut property taxes permanently by at lease 20% for every NJ family.
- 2. Fully fund our schools - Five years of flat funding have driven school property taxes trhough the roof.
- 3. Pass real ethics reform - The politicians in Trenton failed to deliver reform. Its time to permanently ban politicians from abusing the pension system.
- New Jersey General Assembly - Hon. Caroline Casagrande
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- NJ 12th legislative district - Assemblywoman Casagrande
- Assemblywoman Casagrande on Twitter
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007
- Project Vote Smart - Assemblywoman Casagrande
- New Jersey Department of State, 2011 Official General Assembly Primary Candidate List
- Atlanticville, "GOP legislators kick off run for 11th District," June 30, 2011
- Star Ledger 2009 Election Results, November 4, 2009
- Official New Jersey Assembly General Election Results
- Follow the Money - 2009 Campaign contributions
- New Jersey Legislature - Bills by Sponsor
- Project Vote Smart - Assemblywoman Casagrande Issue Positions
|New Jersey General Assembly District 12
| Succeeded by|
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |