Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Mississippi House of Representatives District 121|
|Bachelor's||University of South Alabama|
On November 8, 2011, Crawford won election to District 121 of the Mississippi House of Representatives. She defeated Jeff Wallace in the primary on August 2, 2011. Crawford defeated incumbent Democrat Diane Peranich in the November 8 general election. 
|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 121 General Election, 2011|
|Democrat||Diane Peranich Incumbent||38.3%||2,149|
On her campaign website Crawford lists five main issues:
- Creating Jobs: "As our Republican State Representative, Carolyn Crawford will work to improve our pro-business atmosphere in Mississippi by keeping taxes low, getting government out of the way, and reducing burdensome regulations that hinder job growth."
- Lowering Healthcare Costs: "Carolyn Crawford is running for representative to fight to lower our healthcare costs and protect healthcare providers by standing up to the trial lawyers."
- Improving Education: "Crawford understands that we must improve education by starting at the local level. Crawford will work to ensure that money is in the classroom."
- Cutting Wasteful Spending: "A fiscal conservative, Republican Carolyn Crawford knows we must reduce spending in Jackson because we cannot continue to pass debt onto Mississippi's future generations."
- Public Retirement System: "Crawford agrees with Lt. Governor Bryant's comment that said, 'I will not support any plan to eliminate the 13th check or change the arrangement current retirees and current employees have with PERS.'"
Crawford and her husband Mike have three children. They are active members of St. Thomas Church.
State of Mississippi
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Commerce | Executive Director of Environmental Quality | Executive Director of Employment Security | Chairman of Public Service Commission |