Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Mississippi House of Representatives District 121|
|2012 - present|
|January 3, 2016|
|Years in position||1|
|Base salary||$10,000 per year|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|First elected||November 8, 2011|
|Next election||November 3, 2015|
|Bachelor's||University of South Alabama|
Crawford has worked as a Licensed Social Worker at South Mississippi Regional Center and as a Child Case Manager at Gulf Coast Mental Health Clinic. She earned a bachelors degree in sociology from the University of South Alabama.
During the 2012-2013 legislative session, Crawford has been appointed to the following committees:
- Judiciary A
- Judiciary En Banc
- Marine Resources
- Public Health And Human Services
On November 8, 2011, Crawford won election to District 121 of the Mississippi House of Representatives. She defeated Jeff Wallace in the primary on August 2, 2011. Crawford defeated incumbent Democrat Diane Peranich in the November 8 general election. 
|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 121 General Election, 2011|
|Democrat||Diane Peranich Incumbent||38.3%||2,149|
On her campaign website Crawford lists five main issues:
- Creating Jobs: "As our Republican State Representative, Carolyn Crawford will work to improve our pro-business atmosphere in Mississippi by keeping taxes low, getting government out of the way, and reducing burdensome regulations that hinder job growth."
- Lowering Healthcare Costs: "Carolyn Crawford is running for representative to fight to lower our healthcare costs and protect healthcare providers by standing up to the trial lawyers."
- Improving Education: "Crawford understands that we must improve education by starting at the local level. Crawford will work to ensure that money is in the classroom."
- Cutting Wasteful Spending: "A fiscal conservative, Republican Carolyn Crawford knows we must reduce spending in Jackson because we cannot continue to pass debt onto Mississippi's future generations."
- Public Retirement System: "Crawford agrees with Lt. Governor Bryant's comment that said, 'I will not support any plan to eliminate the 13th check or change the arrangement current retirees and current employees have with PERS.'"
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Carolyn + Crawford + Mississippi + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Crawford and her husband Mike have three children. They are active members of St. Thomas Church.
|Mississippi House of Representatives District 121
2012 – Present
| Succeeded by|
State of Mississippi
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Commerce | Executive Director of Environmental Quality | Executive Director of Employment Security | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Public Records Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |