Carpentersville Community Unit School District 300
is a school district
. As of November 2010, student enrollment reached 20,544 within the 27 school buildings in the district. Of the 27 buildings, 15 are elementary schools and 4 are high schools (1 alternative).
- Main article: Evaluation of Illinois school district websites
This article was most recently evaluated on 12 Feb 2012.
- Board of Education members are listed.
- Board meeting dates and locations are published.
- Board minutes are published.
- School policies are published.
- 2009-2010 audit is published.
- Superintendent has a webcast, but hasn’t been updated since April 2011.
- Only one email address is listed to contact the Board members.
- The website is outdated, difficult to navigate, and the information is limited.
- Information on how to request or attain public records is unavailable.
School Board Members and Administration
Appointed by Mayor Rahm Emanuel. 
||Board of Education Role
| Anne Miller
| Chris Stanton
|| Vice President
| Karen Roeckner
| Joe Stevens
| Susie Kopacz
| Steve Fiorentino
| Dave Alessio
The District staff has 10.27 average years of teaching. Of the 1,345 teachers, 426 have bachelor's degrees, 898 have Master's degrees, and 11 teachers have a doctoral degree. The average teacher salary in the District is $60,636 (as compared to the $63,296 average state teacher salary). The average administrator salary in the District is $105,545 (as compared to the $109,091 average state salary).
School Spending and Budget
- The 2010-2011 budget appropriation is $216,354,663.
- Approximately $111,921,337 is reserved for salaries.
- In January 2011, proposed budget cuts amounting to $8,097,862 was discussed at a budget hearing. These cuts are still being negotiated.
- The 2010-2011 budget was approved in September 2010, and projects a $5.3 million deficit at the end of the school year.
- In 2010, the district's tax rate was $3.86, giving it the lowest rates among Kane and McHenry counties and one of the lowest rates in the state.
In the News
- In 2010, the Association of School of Business Officials awarded the Meritorious Budget Award to Community Unit School District 300. Also in 2010, the Government Finance Official Association awarded the Comprehensive Financial Audit Review Award to CUSD 300..
- CUSD received both awards in 2009 as well.
- The CUSD district expects approximately $208,698,650 from federal sources for FY 2011. In 2010, the district received $212,523,415 in federal revenue.