|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 116|
|February 3, 2011 - present|
|January 3, 2016|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|First elected||February 2011|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Date of birth||March 1, 1978|
|Place of birth||Jackson, Mississippi|
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Eure served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Marine Resources, Chair|
|• Banking and Financial Services|
|• Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks|
During the 2012-2013 legislative session, Eure served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Judiciary B|
|• Judiciary En Banc|
|• Marine Resources|
|• Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks|
Elections for the office of Mississippi House of Representatives will take place in 2015. A primary election will be held on August 4, 2015, and the general election November 3, 2015. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 27, 2015.
On November 8, 2011, Eure won re-election to District 116 of the Mississippi House of Representatives. He ran unopposed in the August 2 primary and defeated Quentin Lyles in the November 8 general election.
|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 116 General Election, 2011|
|Republican||Casey Eure Incumbent||76.6%||4,212|
2011 special election
Eure and Jim Atchison (R) garnered the most votes in the January 11, 2011 special election to Mississippi House of Representatives District 116. The race proceeded to a runoff, where Eure defeated Atchison.
In 2011, Eure received $85,152 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Mississippi House of Representatives 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Casey Eure's campaign in 2011|
|Guice Iv, William Lee||$3,000|
|Tsg Agency Llc||$2,350|
|Mississippi House Republican Conference||$2,000|
|Gary, David A||$2,000|
|Mississippi Association Of Realtors||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$85,152|
|Total Votes received in 2011||4,212|
|Cost of each vote received||$20.22|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the Legislature was in session from January 7 through April 2.
- Business and Industry Political Education Committee: Legislator "Business and Jobs" Report Card
- Legislators are scored on "economic growth, jobs and other broad job-related issues."
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Casey + Eure + Mississippi + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Mississippi State Legislature
- Mississippi House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Mississippi state legislative districts
- Office website
- Campaign Facebook page
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Madison County Journal, "Election time again already," December 15, 2010
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Mississippi Lt. Governor Reeves and Other Leaders," January 20, 2012 (Archived)
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2015 Elections Calendar," accessed December 2, 2014
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2011 Primary Election Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "Official 2011 General Election Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "Jan 11 special election qualifying list," updated December 10, 2010
- Clarion-Ledger, "Runoff for Mississippi highway post set" January 12, 2011
- WXVT, "Eure wins runoff for Mississippi House seat," February 1, 2011
- Follow the Money, "Mississippi 2011 - Candidates," accessed February 13, 2014
- StateScape, "Session Schedules," accessed July 29, 2014
- Business and Industry Political Education Committee, "Legislator 'Business & Jobs' Report Card - 2014 Legislative Session," accessed August 30, 2014
Steven Palazzo (R)
|Mississippi House of Representatives District 116
| Succeeded by|
State of Mississippi
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Commerce | Executive Director of Environmental Quality | Executive Director of Employment Security | Chairman of Public Service Commission |