Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New York State Assembly District 37|
|1985 - Present|
|January 7, 2013|
|Years in position||30|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
Nolan earned a BA in political science from New York University. She and her husband, Gerard Marsicano, have one child; Nicholas.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Nolan has been appointed to the following committees:
- Corporations, Authorities and Commissions Committee, New York State Assembly
- Education Committee, New York State Assembly, Chair
- Rules Committee, New York State Assembly
- Veterans' Affairs Committee, New York State Assembly
- Ways and Means Committee, New York State Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Nolan served on the following committees:
- Corporations, Authorities and Commissions Committee, New York Assembly
- Education Committee, New York Assembly
- Rules Committee, New York Assembly
- Veterans' Affairs Committee, New York Assembly
- Ways and Means Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Nolan ran unopposed in the September 14 Democratic primary. She defeated John Wilson (R) in the general election on November 2. In addition to running on the Democratic ticket, she ran on the Working Familes ticket.
|New York State Assembly, District 37 2010|
|Catherine Nolan (D)||12,170|
|John Wilson (R)||2,300|
On November 4, 2008 Nolan won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 37. She ran unopposed.
Nolan raised $134,050 for her campaign.
|New York State Assembly, District 37 2008|
|Catherine Nolan (D)||19,132|
In 2008, a year in which Nolan was up for re-election, she collected $134,050 in donations.
The major contributors were:
|Council of Supervisors & Administrators||$4,500|
|New York State AFL-CIO||$4,000|
|AFSCME District Council 37||$3,800|
|New York State United Teachers||$3,800|
- New York Assembly - Rep. Catherine Nolan
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
|New York Assembly - District 37
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
State of New York Court of Appeals | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Supreme Courts (Trial Courts) | County Courts | Family Courts | Surrogates' Courts | Court of Claims | District Courts | New York City Civil Court | New York City Criminal Courts | New York City Courts | Problem Solving Courts | Town and Village Courts | Judicial selection in New York |