|Wisconsin Secretary of Natural Resources|
|January 2011 - Present|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed by||Gov. Scott Walker (R)|
|Wisconsin State Senate|
|High school||Oak Creek High School (1981)|
|Place of birth||Kenosha, Wisconsin|
Stepp was born in Kenosha, Wisconsin. She and her husband own a construction business. She served in the Wisconsin State Senate from 2003-2007, has been Vice President at Magnum Truck and Equipment, Inc., and worked with the Wisconsin Builders' Association, National Association of Home Builders and other local builders' groups.
Wisconsin Secretary of Natural Resources (2011-present)
Stepp has served as Wisconsin Secretary of Natural Resources since January 2011.
Wisconsin State Senate (2003-2007)
In 2002, Stepp successfully challenged Democratic State Senator Kim Plache for Plache's State Senate seat. Stepp represented District 21 in the Wisconsin State Senate from 2003 to 2007. She co-chaired the Environmental and Natural Resources Committee. Stepp chose not to run for re-election in 2006.
Stepp was appointed as Wisconsin Secretary of Natural Resources by Gov. Scott Walker (R) in December 2010. She stated, "I will work tirelessly with the incoming administration to find innovative ways to protect Wisconsin's valuable natural resources, improve the overall permitting process, and embark on a top to bottom review of current regulations, all while focusing on growing our state's economy."
Comprehensive donor information for Stepp is available dating back to 2002. Based on available campaign finance records, Stepp raised a total of $381,608 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 6, 2013.
|Cathy Stepp's Campaign Contribution History|
|2004||Wisconsin State Senate||$52,306|
|2002||Wisconsin State Senate||$329,302|
|Grand Total Raised||$381,608|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Cathy + Stepp + Wisconsin + Resources"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Patricia Randolph's Madravenspeak: Wisconsin deteriorating as natural ... - Capital Times
- Walker Presides over Tree Lighting Ceremony - WDIO-TV
- State Christmas tree lit - WSAU
- Capitol Christmas tree is lit - Wisconsin Radio Network
- Wisconsin Capitol Christmas tree lit - WMTV
- Let DNR board select secretary - hngnews.com
- Walker presides over Capitol Christmas tree lighting ceremony - Minneapolis Star Tribune
- State Capitol's Christmas tree lit - Green Bay Press Gazette
- Deer kill numbers down in region, state - Leader-Telegram
- Bangor native picked as DNR's chief warden - La Crosse Tribune
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
- Stepp's biography
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Biography from Wisconsin Historical Society
- Campaign contributions: 2004, 2002
- ↑ Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, "Commissioner of Natural Resources," accessed June 22, 2012
- ↑ The Journal Times, "Cathy Stepp, outspoken critic of DNR, picked to head agency," December 30, 2010
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Wisconsin Historical Society "Stepp, Cathy" Accessed July 19, 2012
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Wisconsin Ag Connection, "Brancel to Return to DATCP as Secretary, Stepp Leads DNR," December 30, 2010
- ↑ Department of Natural Resources "Secretary" Accessed July 19, 2012
- ↑ Follow the Money, " Career fundraising for Cathy Stepp," Access May 6, 2013
|Wisconsin Secretary of Natural Resources
| Succeeded by|