m (Text replace - " MS in" to " M.S. in")
|Line 192:||Line 192:|
|orgamount5 = 2,600
|orgamount5 = 2,600
Revision as of 12:13, 5 September 2013
|New Jersey General Assembly District 3|
|2009 - Present|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Next election||November 5, 2013|
|Appointed||March 7, 2009|
|Place of birth||Cumberland County, NJ|
|Profession||Teacher, Morris Goodwin Elementary School|
Riley served as a member of the Bridgeton City Council from 2006-2009. She has an M.S. in Arts Administration from Drexel University and a B.A. in Music from LaSalle University. Her professional experience includes working as a teacher at the Morris Goodwin Elementary School in Greenwich Township.
- Agriculture and Natural Resources (Vice-Chair)
- Health and Senior Services
- Housing and Local Government
- A3722 Establishes pilot program in Gloucester County, transferring municipal tax assessment function to county through appointment of a county assessor and deputy county assessors.
- A3882 Upgrades possession of child pornography to a crime of the third degree; provides for parole supervision for life for production and transmission of child pornography. 
On their shared campaign website, Celeste Riley and John Burzichelli list the following five major campaign themes:
- Protect South Jersey jobs
- Excerpt: "John and Celeste are investing in local small businesses to protect jobs and grow South Jersey’s economy. John and Celeste are working to help small business owners by eliminating exorbitant fees, cutting red tape and providing other incentives."
- Bring home our fair share of state resources
- Excerpt: "With all the taxes we pay, South Jersey deserves more than budget leftovers. John and Celeste are a powerful voice making sure we get our fair share of state resources."
- Cap state spending
- Excerpt: "John and Celeste will push for zero-based budgeting, forcing bureaucrats to prove the merit of every dollar they want to spend."
- Improve access to affordable health care
- Excerpt: "...keep insurance affordable by reducing premium costs and lowering administrative expenses. They increased funding for local hospitals, and are committed to ensuring seniors living on fixed incomes can afford need prescription drugs."
- Prohibit politicians from accepting gifts from lobbyists
- Excerpt: "John and Celeste are neighbors and community leaders—not career politicians. That’s why they support legislation that prohibits politicians from accepting gifts from lobbyists. They are advocating for tougher election laws to keep corruption out of our state government."
Riley ran in the 2013 election for New Jersey General Assembly District 3. Riley is bracketed with John J. Burzichelli. She was unopposed in the June 4 Democratic primary. She is challenged by Larry Wallace (R), Bob Vanderslice (R), and incumbent John J. Burzichelli (D) in the general election which takes place on November 5, 2013. 
Riley won re-election in 2011. She and incumbent John Burzichelli ran unopposed in the Democratic Primary on June 7. They then defeated Domenick DiCicco and Bob Villare in the November 8 general election.
NJ Spotlight has identified the 3rd District as a potential place for the GOP to pickup a seat in the Assembly. Following redistricting, 4th District Republican incumbent Domenick DiCicco was moved into the 3rd district. He is running with Bob Villare, who came within 1,300 votes of defeating Riley in 2009. 
|New Jersey Assembly General Election, Third Legislative District (2009)|
|John J. Burzichelli (D)||35,423|
|Celeste M. Riley (D)||31,888|
|Robert Villare (R)||30,526|
|Lee Lucas (R)||27,316|
Comprehensive donor information for Celeste Riley is available dating back to 2009. Based on available campaign finance records, Celeste Riley raised a total of $236,084 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 15, 2013.
|Celeste Riley's Campaign Contribution History|
|2011||New Jersey General Assembly, District 3||$157,036|
|2009||New Jersey General Assembly, District 3||$79,048|
|Grand Total Raised||$236,084|
2011Celeste Riley won re-election to the New Jersey General Assembly in 2011. During that election cycle, Celeste Riley raised a total of $157,036.
|New Jersey General Assembly 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Celeste Riley's campaign in 2011|
|Sweeney Burzichelli & Riley Bracket||$24,600|
|Federici & Akin||$2,600|
|Architects & Associates||$2,500|
|Remington & Vernick Engineers||$2,500|
|Timothy, Mcbrearty J||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$157,036|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2009Celeste Riley won election to the New Jersey General Assembly in 2009. During that election cycle, Celeste Riley raised a total of $79,048.
|New Jersey General Assembly 2009 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Celeste Riley's campaign in 2009|
|Sweeney Wallace & Dimarco for Freeholder||$8,200|
|New Jersey Regional Council of Carpenters||$8,200|
|Electrical Workers Local 351||$8,200|
|New Jersey Education Association||$4,500|
|Remington & Vernick Engineers||$2,600|
|Total Raised in 2009||$79,048|
|Source:Follow the Money|
- The New Jersey AFL-CIO
- Planned Parenthood Action Fund of New Jersey
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Celeste + Riley + New Jersey + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- College break workoute; NAMI; Pennsville tours; BEN Column, Dec. 5, update 3 - NJ.com
- Rockne brick for hall; Scout uniforms; Senior Center roof; BEN Column, Dec. 7 ... - NJ.com
- Native American advancement group in Cumberland County awarded heating ... - NJ.com
- Assembly Panel Approves Bill To Create Commission On College Affordability - NJ TODAY
- Rutgers will grant Tyree full release, scholarship through May - Dailyrecord.com
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- NJSpotlight, "Candidates: Legislative District 3," November 4, 2011
- NJSpotlight, "Legislative District 3," October 17, 2011
- Riley/Burzichelli official 2011 campaign website
- New Jersey General Assembly - Hon. Celeste Riley
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- NJ Assembly Democrats - Assemblywoman Riley
- Campaign contributions: 2011, 2009
- New Jersey Department of State, Official Primary Results
- New Jersey Department of State, Unofficial general election candidates
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Assemblywoman Riley
- ↑ New Jersey Legislature - Bills by Sponsor
- ↑ New Jersey Department of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results," Accessed July 26, 2013
- ↑ New Jersey Department of State, "Unofficial general election candidates," Accessed August 5, 2013
- ↑ New Jersey Department of State, 2011 Official General Assembly Primary Candidate List
- ↑ NJ Spotlight, "Election 2011: Where the Republicans Can Pick Up Assembly Seats," April 12, 2011
- ↑ Star Ledger 2009 Election Results, November 4, 2009
- ↑ Official New Jersey Assembly General Election Results
- ↑ followthemoney.org, "Riley, Celeste" Accessed August 15, 2013
- ↑ PolitickerNJ.com, "AFL-CIO endorses candidates for elections", Accessed September 4, 2013
- ↑ Planned Parenthood NJ "Planned Parenthood Action Fund of New Jersey Announces Endorsements in State Elections," accessed September 5, 2013
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |