For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|New Jersey General Assembly District 3|
|2009 - Present|
|Years in position||6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 3, 2009|
|Next general||November 8, 2011|
|Appointed||March 7, 2009|
|Date of birth||02/04/1960|
|Place of birth||Cumberland County, NJ|
|Profession||Teacher, Morris Goodwin Elementary School|
- Agriculture and Natural Resources (Vice-Chair)
- Health and Senior Services
- Housing and Local Government
Riley won re-election in 2011. She and incumbent John Burzichelli ran unopposed in the Democratic Primary on June 7. They then defeated Domenick DiCicco and Bob Villare in the November 8 general election.
NJ Spotlight has identified the 3rd District as a potential place for the GOP to pickup a seat in the Assembly. Following redistricting, 4th District Republican incumbent Domenick DiCicco was moved into the 3rd district. He is running with Bob Villare, who came within 1,300 votes of defeating Riley in 2009. 
|New Jersey Assembly General Election, Third Legislative District (2009)|
|John J. Burzichelli (D)||35,423|
|Celeste M. Riley (D)||31,888|
|Robert Villare (R)||30,526|
|Lee Lucas (R)||27,316|
In 2011, Riley received $157,036 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New Jersey General Assembly 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Celeste Riley's campaign in 2011|
|Sweeney Burzichelli & Riley Bracket||$24,600|
|Federici & Akin||$2,600|
|Architects & Associates||$2,500|
|Remington & Vernick Engineers||$2,500|
|Timothy, Mcbrearty J||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$157,036|
|Total Votes received in 2011||23,960|
|Cost of each vote received||$6.55|
Below are Riley's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2009 election:
|Sweeney Wallace & DiMarco for Freeholder||$8,200|
|New Jersey Regional Council of Carpenters||$8,200|
|Electrical Workers Local 351||$8,200|
|New Jersey Education Assoc||$4,500|
|Remington & Vernick Engineers||$2,600|
- A3722 Establishes pilot program in Gloucester County, transferring municipal tax assessment function to county through appointment of a county assessor and deputy county assessors.
- A3882 Upgrades possession of child pornography to a crime of the third degree; provides for parole supervision for life for production and transmission of child pornography. 
On their shared campaign website, Riley and Burzichelli list the following five major campaign themes:
- Protect South Jersey jobs
- Excerpt: "John and Celeste are investing in local small businesses to protect jobs and grow South Jersey’s economy. John and Celeste are working to help small business owners by eliminating exorbitant fees, cutting red tape and providing other incentives."
- Bring home our fair share of state resources
- Excerpt: "With all the taxes we pay, South Jersey deserves more than budget leftovers. John and Celeste are a powerful voice making sure we get our fair share of state resources."
- Cap state spending
- Excerpt: "John and Celeste will push for zero-based budgeting, forcing bureaucrats to prove the merit of every dollar they want to spend."
- Improve access to affordable health care
- Excerpt: "...keep insurance affordable by reducing premium costs and lowering administrative expenses. They increased funding for local hospitals, and are committed to ensuring seniors living on fixed incomes can afford need prescription drugs."
- Prohibit politicians from accepting gifts from lobbyists
- Excerpt: "John and Celeste are neighbors and community leaders—not career politicians. That’s why they support legislation that prohibits politicians from accepting gifts from lobbyists. They are advocating for tougher election laws to keep corruption out of our state government."
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Celeste + Riley + New Jersey + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- NJSpotlight, "Candidates: Legislative District 3," November 4, 2011
- NJSpotlight, "Legislative District 3," October 17, 2011
- Riley/Burzichelli official 2011 campaign website
- New Jersey General Assembly - Hon. Celeste Riley
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- NJ Assembly Democrats - Assemblywoman Riley
- Campaign contributions: 2011, 2009
- Project Vote Smart - Assemblywoman Riley
- New Jersey Department of State, 2011 Official General Assembly Primary Candidate List
- NJ Spotlight, "Election 2011: Where the Republicans Can Pick Up Assembly Seats," April 12, 2011
- Star Ledger 2009 Election Results, November 4, 2009
- Official New Jersey Assembly General Election Results
- Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- Follow the Money - 2009 Campaign contributions
- New Jersey Legislature - Bills by Sponsor
|New Jersey General Assembly District 3
| Succeeded by|
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |