Charles Boustany Jr.
|Charles Boustany Jr.|
|U.S. House, Louisiana, District 7|
|January 3, 2005-Present|
|January 3, 2013|
|Years in position||9|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|First elected||November 2, 2004|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|High school||Cathedral Carmel High School|
|Bachelor's||University of Southwestern Louisiana|
|M.D.||Louisiana State University School of Medicine|
|Birthday||February 21, 1956|
|Place of birth||New Orleans, Louisiana|
- 1 Biography
- 2 Career
- 3 Committee assignments
- 4 Elections
- 5 Campaign donors
- 6 Analysis
- 7 Recent news
- 8 Personal
- 9 External links
- 10 References
Boustany was born in 1956 in New Orleans, Louisiana, and graduated from Cathedral Carmel High School in Lafayette, Louisiana. He earned his B.S. from the University of Southwestern Louisiana in 1978 and his M.D. from Louisiana State University School of Medicine in 1982. Prior to his political career, Boustany worked as a surgeon.
Below is an abbreviated outline of Boustany's political career:
- U.S. House of Representatives, Louisiana's 7th congressional district, 2005-Present
U.S. House of Representatives
Boustany serves on the following House committees:
- Ways and Means Committee
- Subcommittee on Oversight Chairman
- Subcommittee on Human Resources
- Subcommittee on Select Revenue Measures
Boustany is running in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Louisiana's 3rd District. Boustany is seeking re-election on the Republican ticket. The signature filing deadline for candidates wishing to run was August 17, 2012. The primary elections will be held on November 6, 2012.
On September 19, 2012 Boustany released this campaign video, titled "ObamaCare- Just Plain Wrong."
Charles Boustany Jr., "ObamaCare- Just Plain Wrong"
On November 2, 2010, Boustany was re-elected to the United States House of Representatives after running unopposed in Louisiana's 7th district.
|Charles Boustany Jr. (2012) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 10, 2012||$1,270,797.45||$348,561.34||$(117,206.07)||$1,502,152.72|
|July Quarterly||July 12, 2012||$1,502,152.72||$741,760.56||$(330,309.42)||$1,913,603.86|
According to a July 12, 2012 Report, Boustany raised $727,000 in the second quarter and at the end of the cycle had $1.9 mil cash-on-hand.
Boustany was re-elected to the U.S. House of Representatives in 2010. During that re-election cycle, Boustany's campaign committee raised a total of $1,677,845 and spent $1,258,638.
|U.S. House of Representatives, Louisiana's 7th Congressional District, 2010 - Charles Boustany Jr. Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$0|
|Total Spent by General Election Opponent||$0|
|Top contributors to Charles Boustany Jr.'s campaign committee|
|Edison Chouest Offshore||$17,200|
|Jack Lawton Inc||$14,650|
|Blue Cross/Blue Shield||$13,500|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Oil & Gas||$115,300|
Congressional Staff Salaries
The website Legistorm compiles staff salary information for members of Congress. Boustany paid his congressional staff a total of $1,002,249 in 2011. He ranks 44th on the list of the highest paid Republican Representative Staff Salaries and he ranks 160th overall of the highest paid Representative Staff Salaries in 2011. Overall, Louisiana ranks 37th in average salary for representative staff. The average U.S. House of Representatives congressional staff was paid $954,912.20 in fiscal year 2011.
Based on congressional financial disclosure forms and calculations made available by OpenSecrets.org - The Center for Responsive Politics, Boustany's net worth as of 2010 was estimated between $1,053,449 and $1,716,441. That averages to $1,384,945, which is lower than the average net worth of Republican Representatives in 2010 of $7,561,133.
Percentage voting with party
Charles Boustany, Jr. voted with the Republican Party 95.0% of the time, which ranked 30 among the 242 House Republican members as of November 2011.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Charles + Boustany + Louisiana + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Social media:
- Political profiles:
- Financial (federal level):
- Interest group ratings:
- Issue positions:
- Public statements:
- Voting record:
- Media appearances:
- Media coverage:
- Gov Track "Boustany" Accessed May 14, 2012
- Biographical Guide to Members of Congress "Charles Boustany Jr." Accessed November 19, 2011
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "House of Representatives Committee Assignments" Accessed November 19, 2011
- Nola.com "Bill Cassidy leads Louisiana pack in chase for U.S. House campaign cash" Accessed February 18, 2012
- Boustany's Official Campaign Website
- YouTube channel
- FEC Reports "Charles Boustany Jr. Summary Reports" Accessed July 17, 2012
- FEC Reports "April Quarterly" Accessed July 10, 2012
- FEC Reports "July Quarterly" Accessed July 12, 2012
- FEC Query "Summary" Accessed July 17, 2012
- Open Secrets "Steve Scalise 2010 Re-Election Cycle," Accessed November 15, 2011
- LegiStorm "Charles Boustany Jr"
- OpenSecrets.org, "Boustany, (R-Louisiana), 2010"
- OpenCongress, "Voting With Party," accessed July 2014
- Official House Site "Biography," Accessed November 19, 2011
|U.S. House of Representatives - Louisiana District 7
| Succeeded by|