|Virginia Senate District 29|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
January 11, 2012
Colgan served in the U.S. Army Air Corp. and the Air Force. Colgan is a member of the Roman Catholic Church.
Colgan is running for re-election to the District 29 seat of the Virginia State Senate. He is unopposed in the August 23 primary and the November 8 general election.
Colgan raised $542,152 for his campaign while Fitzsimmonds raised $473,577.
|Virginia State Senate, District 29 (2007)|
|Charles Colgan (D)||21,010||54.10%|
|Robert Fitzsimmonds (R)||17,766||45.75%|
Below are Charles' top 5 campaign contributors in the 2007 election:
|Virginia Senate Democratic Caucus||$65,144|
|Capital Aviation Instrument Corporation||$35,000|
|Moving Virginia Forward||$22,732|
|Michael J. Colgan||$20,000|
Colgan was born in Frostburg, Maryland on September 25, 1926l.
- Biography from the Virginia Legislature
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Sen. Colgan on State Surge
- Campaign contributions:1999, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2007
- Charles Colgan on Facebook
|Virginia Senate District 29
| Succeeded by|