Charles E. Meier
|Charles E. Meier|
|Illinois House of Representatives District 108|
|2013 - Present|
|January 14, 2015|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Member, Washington County Board|
Meier's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Excerpt: "When you have a bad year on the farm or in your business, you don't go out and spend more money. You figure out what you need to cut, where you can improve your income and how you are going to balance your budget to make your payments for the next year."
- No New Taxes
- Excerpt: "This is what we need in Springfield, someone who will not raise your taxes, but continue to move forward on improvements."
- Expand Local Employment
- Excerpt: "As a member of the Washington County Board, Charlie worked to bring Prairie State Energy Campus to the Region."
- Save Illinois Jobs
- Excerpt: "This is what we need in Springfield, someone fighting for you and your jobs."
- Less Government Control
- Excerpt: "It seems all government employees have their own interpretation of what the laws mean. Doing business is not easy in Illinois."
- Pro Conceal And Carry
- Excerpt: "Charlie believes in your right to bear arms. Illinois is the only state where it is not legal to conceal and carry."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Meier served on the following committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture & Conservation|
|• Economic Development|
|• Small Business Empowerment & Workforce Development|
Meier won election in the 2012 election for Illinois House of Representatives District 108. Meier defeated Don W. Weber and District 102 incumbent Paul J. Evans in the March 20 Republican primary and defeated Daniel P. Polites (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 108, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Charles E. Meier||66.7%||33,552|
|Democratic||Daniel P. Polites||33.3%||16,786|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 108 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Charles E. Meier||38.3%||4,391|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Charles + Meier + Illinois + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Metro-east lawmakers vote against pension reform plan - Belleville News Democrat
- State lawmakers scramble to digest pension reform bill - Belleville News Democrat
- Death toll now 6 after tornadoes hit Illinois - KSDK
- Six file to run in primary for 13th Congressional District - Belleville News Democrat
- Senate joins House in naming section of I-70 after Costello - Belleville News Democrat
- Tornado deaths: Elderly siblings remembered for love of exotic animals - Belleville News Democrat
- This Day, November 9, In Jewish History by Mitchell A. Levin - Cleveland Jewish News (blog)
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Official campaign website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Charlie Meier For Illinois State Rep Facebook page
David Reis (R)
|Illinois House of Representatives District 108
| Succeeded by|
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |