Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Virginia House of Delegates District 9|
|2008 - Present|
|Years in position||6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 3, 2009|
|Next general||November 8, 2011|
|High school||Franklin County High School|
|Master's||George Washington University|
|Place of birth||Roanoke, VA|
Poindexter works as a program manager for Computer Sciences Corporation. He has also been Senior Principal Information Systems Engineer and Site Manager for Mitre Corporation, and a Software Developer and Manager for Systems Development Corporation.
Poindexter earned his B.S. in mathematics from Lynchburg College and his M.S. in management from the George Washington University.
- Agriculture, Chesapeake and Natural Resources Committee
- Agriculture Subcommittee
- Compensation and Retirement Subcommittee
- Economic Development Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee
- Elementary and Secondary Education Subcommittee
- Technology Oversight and Government Activities Subcommittee
- Counties, Cities and Towns
- Subcommittee #1
- HB 2269 Expenditures; annual report thereof provided by school board to be made available to public.
- HB 2274 Sex Offender Registry; not required to provide list of registrants' wanted offenses on Internet.
- HB 2275 Drug treatment courts; authorized for County of Franklin if funded through local sources. 
Poindexter is running for re-election to the District 9 seat of the Virginia House of Delegates. He was uncontested in the August 23 primary and will be opposed by Ward Armstrong the November 8 general election. Armstrong is the current District 10 incumbent, but his residency changed to District 9 after the redistricting process.
In 2009, Poindexter was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. He defeated David Witcher in the General Election. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 9 (2009)|
|Charles Poindexter (R)||16,534|
|David Witcher (I)||4,332|
Charles Poindexter announces his bid for the House of Delegates
The top 5 donors to Poindexter's 2009 campaign:
|Roanoke Valley Association of Realtors||$2,500|
|Smith Mountain Lake Republican Women's Club||$2,500|
|Virginia Hospital & Healthcare Association||$2,000|
|Virginia Bankers Assoc||$2,000|
Poindexter and his wife, Janet, have six children.
- Campaign website
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Poindexter
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2007
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- Charles Poindexter on Facebook
- Charles Poindexter on Twitter
|Virginia House of Delegates District 9
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |