|Virginia House of Delegates District 9|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
He won re-election in 2009, defeating Sherman David Witcher in the general election.
Poindexter works as a program manager for Computer Sciences Corporation. He has also been Senior Principal Information Systems Engineer and Site Manager for Mitre Corporation, and a Software Developer and Manager for Systems Development Corporation.
- Agriculture, Chesapeake and Natural Resources Committee
- Agriculture Subcommittee
- Compensation and Retirement Subcommittee
- Economic Development Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee
- Elementary and Secondary Education Subcommittee
- Technology Oversight and Government Activities Subcommittee
- Counties, Cities and Towns
- Subcommittee #1
- HB 2269 Expenditures; annual report thereof provided by school board to be made available to public.
- HB 2274 Sex Offender Registry; not required to provide list of registrants' wanted offenses on Internet.
- HB 2275 Drug treatment courts; authorized for County of Franklin if funded through local sources. 
The top 5 donors to Poindexter's 2009 campaign:
|Roanoke Valley Association of Realtors||$2,500|
|Smith Mountain Lake Republican Women's Club||$2,500|
|Virginia Hospital & Healthcare Association||$2,000|
|Virginia Bankers Assoc||$2,000|
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Poindexter
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2007
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Richmond Sunlight profile
|Virginia House of Delegates District 9
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |