|Oklahoma State Senate, District 42|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Moore High School|
was a 2014 Independent
candidate for District 42
of the Oklahoma State Senate
Thompson grew up in Moore, Oklahoma and graduated as the valedictorian from Moore High School in 1989. Following graduation he studied theater at the University of Missouri-Columbia until moving to Florida to pursue an acting career.
After returning to Oklahoma, Thompson joined the Local Plumbers and Pipefitters 344 plumbing union. He continues to work as a plumber. Thompson earned his A.A. from Ross State in December 2010.
Thompson listed the following issues on his campaign website:
- Excerpt: "I want to make a law that requires physicians to tell you how much a procedure will cost before you have it done and what the expected outcome will be."
- Excerpt: "We need to consolidate districts and cut administration salaries. I would offer a bill that would not allow any public employee to be paid more than the governor. I wouldn't fire a single person or cut a single person's pay. As these people retire, we would slowly consolidate and lower salaries."
- Excerpt: "Common Core needs to be overturned and with it the Department of Education needs to be dissolved. Simply put, parents have the obligation to educate their children, not the government."
- Exerpt: "Hemp could, and should be grown in Oklahoma to create a cottage industry for a number of consumable goods that can be created with this robust plant."
- Excerpt: "I believe the states need to to be diligent in forcing the Federal government to stay within their stated confines of the Constitution."
- See also: Oklahoma State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Oklahoma State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 24, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 11, 2014. Jack Fry defeated Greg Childers in the Republican primary, while Hiawatha N. Bouldin, Jr. was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Charles Thompson ran as an Independent candidate. Fry defeated Bouldin and Thompson in the general election.
|Oklahoma State Senate, District 42 General Election, 2014
|| Hiawatha Bouldin
|| Charles Thompson
|Oklahoma State Senate, District 42 Republican Primary, 2014
| Greg Childers
Thompson and his wife, Lisa, live in Oklahoma.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Charles + Thompson + Oklahoma + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Charles Thompson News Feed
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Information submitted through Ballotpedia's biographical submission form on May 20, 2014
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Elect Charles Thompson, "Biography," accessed May 20, 2014
- ↑ Elect Charles Thompson, "Issues," accessed May 20, 2014
- ↑ Oklahoma State Election Board, "Candidates for State Elective Officials 2014," accessed April 15, 2014
- ↑ Oklahoma State Election Board, "Official Results Statewide Primary Election — June 24, 2014," accessed July 10, 2014