|Charles W. Dent|
|U.S. House, Pennsylvania, District 15|
|January 3, 2013|
|Years in position||9|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|First elected||November 2, 2004|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives|
|Bachelor's||Pennsylvania State University, 1982|
|Master's||Lehigh University, 1993|
|Birthday||May 24, 1960|
|Place of birth||Allentown, Pennsylvania|
Charles W. Dent (b. May 24, 1960) is a member of the U.S. House of Representatives from the state of Pennsylvania. Dent represents Pennsylvania's 15th congressional district, and was first elected in 2004.
- 1982: Graduated from Penn State University, State College, Pennsylvania
- 1993: Graduated from Lehigh University, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
- 1991-1998: Served as a member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- 1994-2004: Served as a member of the Pennsylvania State Senate
- 2005-Present: U.S Representative from Pennsylvania
Percentage voting with party
The website OpenCongress tracks how often members of Congress vote with the majority of the chamber caucus. According to the website, Charles W. Dent has voted with the Republican Party 86.6% of the time, which ranked 221 among the 242 House Republican members as of December 2011.
Dent is running in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Pennsylvania's 15th District. He ran unopposed in the April 24, 2012 Republican Primary and will face Rick Daugherty (D) in the November 6, 2012 general election.
The Washington Post listed the House of Representatives elections in Pennsylvania in 2012 as one of the states that could determine whether Democrats retake the House or Republicans will hold its majority in 2013. Ohio tied with Pennsylvania for 9th on the list.
Dent won re-election to the U.S. House of Representatives in 2010. During that re-election cycle, Dent's campaign committee raised a total of $2,415,571 and spent $2,553,936.
His top 5 contributors between 2009-2010 were:
|U.S. House of Representatives, Pennsylvania Congressional District Election, 2010 - Charlie Dent Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$1,995,389|
|Total Spent by General Election Opponent||$1,970,811|
|Top contributors to Charlie Dent's campaign committee|
|Air Products & Chemicals Inc||$25,075|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Chemical & Related Manufacturing||$67,925|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Charlie + Dent + Pennsylvania + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this official due to the nature of the search engine.
Extension:RSS -- Error: Not a valid URL: http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&gl=us&q=Charlie+Dent+Pennsylvania+House&um=1&ie=UTF-8&output=rss%7Ctemplate=slpfeed%7Cmax=10%7Ctitle=Charlie Dent News Feed
Dent is married to Pamela. They have 3 children.
- Social media:
- Political profiles:
- Financial (federal level):
- Financial (state level):
- Interest group ratings:
- Issue positions:
- Public statements:
- Voting record:
- Media appearances:
- Media coverage:
- Gov Track "Dent" Accessed May 14, 2012
- OpenCongress "Voting With Party"
- McCall, "Dent to endorse Romney for president," March 12, 2012
- Pennsylvania Department of State "2012 General Primary Unofficial Returns," April 24, 2012
- Washington Post "The 10 states that will determine control of the House in 2012" Accessed April 25, 2012
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"
- Open Secrets "Charles W. Dent 2010 Election Cycle," Accessed November 16, 2011
|U.S. House of Representatives - Pennsylvania, District 15
| Succeeded by|
| Succeeded by|
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives
| Succeeded by|
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |