|Alaska State Senate District H|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
January 24, 2015
Huggins earned a B.S. in criminal justice from Florida State University in 1969. He later went on to earn a M.A. in personnel management in 1980 at Webster University.
Prior to the Senate, Huggins served as the Alaska Director of Veterans Affairs from 2003-2004.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Huggins has been appointed to these committees:
- Armed Services Committee, Alaska Senate
- Education Funding District Cost Factor Committee, Alaska Senate
- Higher Education/Career Readiness Task Force Committee, Alaska Senate
- Transportation Committee, Alaska Senate
- Subcommittee on Fish and Game
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Huggins served on these committees:
- Education Committee, Alaska Senate
- Finance Committee, Alaska Senate
- Resources Committee, Alaska Senate Vice Chairperson
- Rules Committee, Alaska Senate Chairperson
- See also: Alaska State Senate elections, 2010
Coghill won re-election to the District H Seat in 2010. He had no opposition in the November 2 general election.
In 2006 Huggins was elected to the Alaska State Senate, District H. Huggins finished with 9,743 votes and he was followed by Jay Cross with 4,351 votes. Huggins raised $69,644 for his campaign fund. 
|Alaska State Senate, District H (2006)|
|Charlie Huggins (R)||9,743|
|Jay Cross (I)||4,351|
In 2010, Huggins raised $48,571 in contributions. 
His seven largest contributors were:
|Alaska Association Of Realtors||$2,000|
|Alaska Dental Society||$1,000|
|Penney, Robert C||$1,000|
|Pfeffer, Mark E||$1,000|
In 2006, Huggins collected $69,644 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Alaska Republican Party||$6,700|
|Associated General Contractors of Alaska||$3,000|
|Alaska Association of Realtors||$2,000|
Huggins represents Alaska Senate District H, which includes Chugiak, South Mat-Su and rural Mat-Su.
Charlie Huggins was born in High Springs, Florida. Huggins has three children and resides with his wife Becky in Wasilla Alaska.
- Alaska State Senate website of Senator Charlie Huggins
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006
- Alaska Senate Bipartisan Working Group biography
|Alaska State Senate District H
| Succeeded by|