Charlie L. Holley
|Charlie L. Holley|
|U.S. House, Alabama, District 5|
|Bachelor's||University of Alabma-Huntsville|
|Master's||Heritage Bible College, 2010|
|Place of birth||Limestone County, Alabama|
Holley graduated from the University of Alabama-Huntsville with a Bachelor's degree in management information systems. He went on to receive his M.A. in biblical counseling from Heritage Bible College in 2010. He is the founder of CL Holley Ministries Incorporated. Holley is also employed as a computer administrator for Huntsville Hospital.
Holley's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Jobs and the Economy
- Excerpt: "Here in Huntsville many private industries have come to life because of government programs like BRAC. The government is directly responsible for jobs on the Arsenal, NASA, Research Park, and many private industries that feed off government programs. This is why Sequestration is bad for Huntsville and the Fifth District."
- Excerpt: "Closing loopholes and expiring certain tax rates should allow us to reduce the deficit faster, balance the budget sooner, and bring us back to a surplus. I realize my opponent and others will insist that closing loopholes and expiring tax breaks for the most wealthy will result in a loss of jobs."
- Social Programs
- Excerpt: "The right thing to do is “De-fraud” them, not “De-fund” them. Simply De-funding social programs may get some fraudulent persons off them, but it will also throw some truly needy persons out in the cold."
- Excerpt: "I support the Affordable Care Act. It is a work in progress. There are some things that need to be changed, modified, added, or removed. This isn’t surprising given the complexity of healthcare reform. We need to continue to adjust the law to properly address the various issues that arise."
- Excerpt: "We must acknowledge there are problems caused by illegal immigration. However, I believe we should address these problems and develop immigration reform from the Federal level as the constitution mandates. We need to firmly secure the borders."
Holley ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Alabama's 5th District. He was unopposed in the March 13 Democratic primary and was defeated by incumbent Mo Brooks in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|U.S. House, Alabama District 5 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Charlie L. Holley||34.9%||101,772|
|Republican||Mo Brooks Incumbent||64.9%||189,185|
|Source: Alabama Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|U.S. House, Alabama District 5, 2012 - Charlie L. Holley Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner||$904,753|
|Total Spent by Election Winner||$455,515|
|Top contributors to Charlie L. Holley's campaign committee|
|Communications Workers of America||$5,000|
|US Postal Service||$1,627|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Building Trade Unions||$5,000|
|Civil Servants/Public Officials||$1,627|
Holley and his wife, Cassandra, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Charlie + Holley + Alabama + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|