Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Virginia House of Delegates District 46|
|January 26, 2009 - Present|
|Years in position||5|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 3, 2009|
|First elected||January 2009|
|Next general||November 8, 2011|
|Bachelor's||George Mason University|
|J.D.||Catholic University of America Columbus School of Law, Washington, District of Columbia, 1997|
|Place of birth||Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic|
Herring's professional experience includes working as an attorney for Charniele Herring, Admin & Logistics Services Inc. She earned her B.A in economics from George Mason University in 1993 and her J.D. from the Catholic University of America Columbus School of Law, Washington, District of Columbia in 1997.
Delegate Herring being sworn in
- Courts of Justice
- Criminal Law Subcommittee
- Judicial Systems Subcommittee
- Science and Technology
- Subcommittee #1
Herring is running for re-election to the District 46 seat of the Virginia House of Delegates. She was uncontested in the August 23 primary and will be unopposed the November 8 general election.
In 2009, Herring was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. He defeated Sasha Gong in the General Election. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 46 (2009)|
|Charniele Herring ()||8,778|
|Sasha Gong (R)||4,929|
Herring's official website lists her top priority issues:
- Education - "I will work to fund quality pre-K education for all of Virginia 's children; promote personal curriculums in our schools; and for higher teacher salaries to attract and maintain quality teachers for our children."
- Traffic and infrastructure - "I will work to get funding into a lock box for our roads and infrastructure once and for all."
- Housing - "I have worked to protect the interests of families by working with housing groups to get funding for the Homeless Intervention Protection Act expanded."
- Health Care - "I support universal healthcare and will work to ensure that Virginia fully funds healthcare for those who cannot afford to cover themselves through private insurance companies."
- Environment - "I support finding alternative fuel sources that protect our environment instead of drilling off the shores of Virginia to feed our addiction to oil."
The top 5 donors to Herring's 2009 campaign:
|Democratic Party of Virginia||$25,025|
|Virginia Legislative Black Caucus||$5,000|
|Virginia Dental Assoc||$5,000|
|Virginia Wine Wholesalers Assoc||$3,500|
- Delegate Charniele Herring official website
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Charniele Herring
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions:2009
- Re-elected Delegate Herring Facebook group
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
|Virginia House of Delegates District 46
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |