|Virginia House of Delegates District 46|
| Assumed office|
January 26, 2009
| Current term ends|
Delegate Herring being sworn in
Herring's official website lists her top priority issues:
- Education - "I will work to fund quality pre-K education for all of Virginia 's children; promote personal curriculums in our schools; and for higher teacher salaries to attract and maintain quality teachers for our children."
- Traffic and infrastructure - "I will work to get funding into a lock box for our roads and infrastructure once and for all."
- Housing - "I have worked to protect the interests of families by working with housing groups to get funding for the Homeless Intervention Protection Act expanded."
- Health Care - "I support universal healthcare and will work to ensure that Virginia fully funds healthcare for those who cannot afford to cover themselves through private insurance companies."
- Environment - "I support finding alternative fuel sources that protect our environment instead of drilling off the shores of Virginia to feed our addiction to oil."
- Courts of Justice
- Criminal Law Subcommittee
- Judicial Systems Subcommittee
- Science and Technology
- Subcommittee #1
Herring is running for re-election to the District 46 seat of the Virginia House of Delegates. She is unopposed in the August 23 primary and the November 8 general election.
In 2009, Herring was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. He defeated Sasha Gong in the General Election. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 46 (2009)|
|Charniele Herring ()||8,778|
|Sasha Gong (R)||4,929|
The top 5 donors to Herring's 2009 campaign:
|Virginia Democratic Party||$25,025|
|Virginia Legislative Black Caucus||$5,000|
|Virginia Dental Assoc||$5,000|
|Virginia Wine Wholesalers Assoc||$3,500|
- Delegate Charniele Herring official website
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Charniele Herring
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions:2009
- Re-elected Delegate Herring Facebook group
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
|Virginia House of Delegates District 46
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |