Chris Brown (Mississippi)
|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 20|
|2012 - present|
|January 3, 2016|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|First elected||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
During the 2012-2013 legislative session, Brown served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Conservation and Water Resources|
|• Ways and Means|
Brown's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- "Grow the economy. Create jobs."
- "Stop wasteful spending. Balance the state budget"
- "No tax increases."
- "Improve education."
- "Better access to affordable health care."
- "Support voter I.D."
- "Require drug testing of welfare recipients."
- "Supports individual right to keep and bear arms."
- "NRA score is A."
- "100% Pro Life."
- "Active leader in Mississippi’s Pro Life movement."
- "Protect our Christian heritage, values and freedom"
On November 8, 2011, Brown won election to District 20 of the Mississippi House of Representatives. He ran unopposed in the August 2 primary and defeated Democratic incumbent Jimmy Puckett in the November 8 general election.
|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 20 General Election, 2011|
|Democratic||Jimmy Puckett Incumbent||44.1%||3,154|
In 2011, Brown received $84,056 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Mississippi House of Representatives 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Chris Brown (Mississippi)'s campaign in 2011|
|Mississippi Republican Party||$27,640|
|Brown, Chris & Ryksie||$8,968|
|Brown, Chris & Ryksie||$3,418|
|Total Raised in 2011||$84,056|
|Total Votes received in 2011||4,002|
|Cost of each vote received||$21|
In 2011, Brown's endorsements included the Mississippi Tea Party. The 20th was one of 10 districts the Tea Party’s Move the House Committee specifically targeted as necessary to win in order to gain conservative control of the House.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Chris + Brown + Mississippi + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Mississippi State Legislature
- Mississippi House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Mississippi state legislative districts
- Office website
- Campaign website
- Facebook campaign page
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Chris Brown for House, "Issues and solutions, accessed November 1, 2011
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2011 Election Results," accessed March 23, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Mississippi 2011 - Candidates," accessed February 13, 2014
- Y'all Politics, "Mississippi Tea Party To Target 10 Seats," September 6, 2011
|Mississippi House of Representatives District 20
2012 – Present
| Succeeded by|
State of Mississippi
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Commerce | Executive Director of Environmental Quality | Executive Director of Employment Security | Chairman of Public Service Commission |