|Illinois State Senate District 25|
|1993 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Bachelor's||Duke University (1974)|
|Master's||Harvard University (1978)|
|Birthday||December 30, 1952|
|Place of birth||Aurora, Illinois|
Lauzen graduated from Duke University with his Bachelor's Degree in 1974 in Management Science and earned his Master's in Business Administration from Harvard in 1978.
Before becoming a Senator, Lauzen was the owner of his own accounting firm.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Lauzen served on these committees:
- Appropriations Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Appropriations II Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Committee of the Whole, Illinois Senate
- Pensions and Investments Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Revenue Committee, Illinois State Senate, Ranking Minority Member
- Subcommittee on Pension Enhancements
- Subcommittee on Pension Reforms
- Subcommittee on Tax Credits
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Lauzen served on these committees:
- Appropriations I
- Appropriations II
- Consumer Protection
- Pensions and Investments
- Public Health
- Revenue Ranking Republican Member.
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2010
|Illinois State Senate, District 25 (2010)|
|Chris Lauzen (R)||70,842||69.26%|
|Leslie N. Juby (D)||31,444||30.74%|
|Illinois State Senate, District 25 (2006)|
|Chris Lauzen (R)||56,976|
|Frank Craig (D)||30,664|
In 2010, Lauzen received $160,106 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Illinois State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Chris Lauzen's campaign in 2010|
|Associated Beer Distributors Of Illinois||$11,000|
|Republican Renaissance PAC||$9,000|
|Illinois Republican Renaissance||$5,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$160,106|
In 2006, Lauzen collected $183,531 in donations.
Listed below are those that contributed most to his campaign.
|Chris & Sarah Lauzen||$86,000|
|Associated Beer Distributors of Illinois||$6,000|
|John & Julie Reeves||$5,000|
|John Deere & Co.||$3,000|
|Illinois State Medical Society||$3,000|
|Republican Renaissance Pac||$2,500|
|Peter & Joann Daleiden||$2,500|
|Family Taxpayers Network||$2,500|
|Dorel & Claudia Nasui||$2,100|
|Illinois Automobile Dealers Association||$2,000|
|Illinois Chamber of Commerce||$2,000|
|Illinois Retail Merchants Association||$1,900|
Lauzen represents Illinois Senate District 25. District 25 includes Western Chicago suburbs including Aurora and Naperville.
Chris is married to Sarah Lauzen. They have four children and resides in Aurora, Illinois.
Illinois Opportunity Project
The Illinois Opportunity Project, "an independent research and public policy enterprise that promotes legislative solutions in advance of free markets and free minds," annually releases its Legislative Vote Card, grading all members in both chambers of the Illinois General Assembly on the basis of their support of "pro-growth economic policies that increase personal freedom and reign in expansive government."
Lauzen received a score of 75.00 out of 100 in 2012 for a grade of B- according to the IOP’s grading scale. His score was tied for the 13th highest among all 59 members of the Illinois State Senate included in the Vote Card.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Chris + Lauzen + Illinois + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Profile at Illinois Senate Republicans
- Biography, bills and committees at the Illinois General Assembly
- Social media:
- Summary, biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart
- Profile at Wikipedia
- Campaign contributions at Follow The Money
- Appearances on C-SPAN
- Profile at Our Campaigns
- Illinois General Assembly, "List of Illinois Senate Committees," July 28, 2009
- Illinois Board of Elections, "2010 Illinois General Election Results," November 2, 2010
- Illinois Democratic Party, "2010 Illinois Primary Election Results," February 3, 2010
- Illinois Senate election results for 2006
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Lauzen Campaign Donors
- "Illinois Chamber of * Commerce Committee, Illinois State Senate, Northeast Illinois Legislative District Maps, July 29, 2009
- Illinois Opportunity Project, "The Project," accessed February 21, 2013
- Illinois Opportunity Project, "Legislative Vote Card home page," accessed February 21, 2013
|Illinois Senate District 25
| Succeeded by|
Jim Oberweis (R)