Difference between revisions of "Chris Marks"
m (Text replace - "," Accessed August" to "," accessed August")
m (Text replace - "," Accessed December 1" to "," accessed December 1")
|(One intermediate revision by one user not shown)|
|Line 81:||Line 81:|
Marks reported no contributions or expenditures to the Washington Public Disclosure Commission.<ref>[http://www.pdc.wa.gov/MvcQuerySystem/Candidate/loc_candidates?year=2013 ''Washington Public Disclosure Commission,'' "Local Candidates,"
Marks reported no contributions or expenditures to the Washington Public Disclosure Commission.<ref>[http://www.pdc.wa.gov/MvcQuerySystem/Candidate/loc_candidates?year=2013 ''Washington Public Disclosure Commission,'' "Local Candidates," December 17, 2013]</ref>
|Line 155:||Line 155:|
Revision as of 07:51, 22 April 2014
|Bellevue School District, District 3|
|Years in position||11|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
Marks worked for 25 years as a technician and manager of an immunochemistry laboratory prior to her retirement. She and her husband have four children who have attended district schools.
Marks ran for a third full term on the board without opposition in the November 5, 2013 general election.
|Bellevue School District, Four-year term, District 3, 2013|
|Nonpartisan||Chris Marks Incumbent||99%||21,039|
|Source: King County Elections, "Certified Results," November 25, 2013|
Marks reported no contributions or expenditures to the Washington Public Disclosure Commission.
Marks won a second full term on the board without opposition in the November 3, 2009 general election.
|Bellevue Board of Directors, District 3, November 3, 2009|
|Nonpartisan||Chris Marks Incumbent||98.8%||22,576|
|Source: King County Elections|
What was at stake?
Incumbent Marks sought a third term without opposition in District 3. Tracy Trojovsky and Krischanna Roberson ran for an unexpired two-year term in District 4 left open by the resignation of current member Michael Murphy. The District 5 race to replace outgoing member Paul Mills included newcomers Ed Luera and My-Linh Thai.
About the district
- See also: Bellevue School District, Washington
Bellevue outperforms state averages for higher education achievement, median income and poverty. The percentage of city residents over 25 years old with undergraduate degrees (60.7%) exceeds the state average (31.4%). The 2010 U.S. Census calculated Bellevue's median income at $84,503, while the state median income was $58,890. Bellevue had a poverty rate of 6.6% in the 2010 U.S. Census while the state rate was 12.5%.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin rather than a race. Citizens may report both their race and their place of origin, and as a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table may exceed 100 percent.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Chris + Marks + Bellevue + Schools"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Washington school districts
- Bellevue School District, Washington
- Bellevue School District elections (2013)
- Bellevue School District, "Board Member: Chris Marks," accessed August 20, 2013
- Washington Public Disclosure Commission, "Local Candidates," accessed December 17, 2013
- King County Elections, "November 3, 2009 General Election," accessed August 20, 2013
- Bellevue Patch, "Bellevue School Board Member Mike Murphy to Resign," March 26, 2013
- U.S. Census, "Quick Facts: Bellevue," accessed August 20, 2013
- King County Elections, "Election Archive," accessed August 1, 2013
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
- Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages, although rounding by the Census Bureau may make the total one- or two-tenths off from being exactly 100 percent. This Ballotpedia page provides a more detailed explanation of how the Census Bureau handles race and ethnicity in its surveys.