Difference between revisions of "Chris McDaniel"
|Line 114:||Line 114:|
McDaniel received negative media attention from the Mississippi Conservatives PAC, who claim that McDaniel is hypocritical. According to the PAC, McDaniel has tried to take both sides on many issues, including tort reform, Common Core and earmarks.<ref>[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrcfIEh1c2E ''YouTube'', "Chris McDaniel - "Both Sides" - Earmarks," accessed April 4, 2014]</ref>
Revision as of 09:09, 23 April 2014
|Mississippi State Senate, District 42|
|2008 - present|
|January 3, 2016|
|Years in position||7|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|First elected||November 6, 2007|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|J.D.||University of Mississippi School of Law|
|Date of birth||June 28, 1971|
|Place of birth||Laurel, Mississippi|
McDaniel attended Jones County Junior College and William Carey University, and earned his J.D. from the University of Mississippi School of Law.
As of the close of the 2014 session, every piece of legislation written by McDaniel has died in committee..
In the 2012-2013 legislative session, McDaniel served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Elections, Chair|
|• Judiciary, Division B, Vice Chair|
|• Compilation, Revision and Publication|
|• Congressional Redistricting|
|• Drug Policy|
|• Legislative Reapportionment|
|• Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks|
In the 2010-2011 legislative session, McDaniel served on these committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2010|
|• Judiciary, Division A|
|• Oil, Gas and Other Minerals|
|• Public Health and Welfare|
|• Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks|
McDaniel has received the following endorsements his 2014 bid:
McDaniel received negative media attention from the Mississippi Conservatives PAC, who claim that McDaniel is hypocritical. According to the PAC, McDaniel has tried to take both sides on many issues, including tort reform, Common Core and earmarks.
The Mississippi Conservatives PAC labels McDaniel a hypocrite.
In his first campaign ad of the election, McDaniel states his position on a few issues, highlighting his support for prayer in public schools and second amendment rights.
- See also: Mississippi State Senate elections, 2011
McDaniel won re-election to the Mississippi Senate District 42. He ran unopposed in the primary on August 2, 2011. No candidates ran in the Democratic primary. McDaniel won the general election on November 8, 2011 unopposed.
- See also: Mississippi State Senate elections, 2007
Chris McDaniel raised $104,829 for his campaign.
|Mississippi Senate, District 42|
|Chris McDaniel (R)||10,261||60.9%|
|Martin Beech (D)||6,596||39.1%|
In 2011, McDaniel received $90,298 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Mississippi State Senate 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Chris McDaniel's campaign in 2011|
|Total Raised in 2011||$90,298|
|Total Votes received in 2011||17,590|
|Cost of each vote received||$5.13|
In 2009, McDaniel collected $10,200 in donations.
His two largest contributors in 2009 were:
|MD Eye Political Action||$1,000|
McDaniel and his wife, Jill, have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Chris + McDaniel + Mississippi + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Social media:
- Summary, biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart
- Profile at Wikipedia
- Campaign finance reports and data at the Federal Election Commission
- Campaign contributions at Follow The Money
- Issue positions and quotes at On The Issues
- Collected news and commentary at The Huffington Post
- Collected news and commentary at The Washington Times
- Gulf Live.com, "State Sen. Chris McDaniel announces run for U.S. Senate in 2014," accessed October 18, 2013
- Washington Times, "Club for Growth endorses Sen. Thad Cochran's likely GOP primary challenger," accessed October 18, 2013
- Campaign website, "TEA PARTY EXPRESS ENDORSES CHRIS MCDANIEL FOR U.S. SENATE," accessed November 6, 2013
- The Washington Post, "Conservative group launches early ad for Sen. Cochran’s primary foe," accessed November 13, 2013
- YouTube, "Chris McDaniel - "Both Sides" - Earmarks," accessed April 4, 2014
- The Hill, "Cochran's Tea Party foe launches first ad," accessed April 23, 2014
- Mississippi Department of State, 2011 Official State Senate Candidate List
- Mississippi State Senate official election results for 2007
- Follow the Money's report on McDaniel's 2007 campaign contributions
- Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- 2009 contributors to Chris McDaniel
|Mississippi State Senate District 42
| Succeeded by|