Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 16|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Millis' website highlights the following campaign themes:
Jobs & The Economy
- "The environment for job creation only thrives with a low tax burden. Low taxes at the gas pump, low personal income tax, and low corporate income tax."
- "Lowering the tax burden requires government to focus on its constitutional responsibilities and essential roles."
- "Once government has the proper perspective of its role, then spending can be cut from those areas outside of the government’s responsibility. This approach will lead to the ability to lower the tax burden for all citizens of this State and initiate economic growth."
- "We cannot and should not continue to fund agencies and programs that are not clearly within the responsibility of State government. If a program is not a clear responsibility then legislators must cut or work to sunset the program."
- "We must work to reduce spending within the role of government. Legislators must work towards program efficiency and consolidation of departments and agencies. We cannot afford redundant programs, overlapping agencies, and overstaffed departments."
- "Charter Schools have a bit more freedom than a traditional public school and are therefore able to innovate in order to benefit the citizens they serve."
- "Since Charter Schools are run like a business that provides education, there is greater incentive and motivation for performance."
- "In an effort to promote choice for the parent and encourage competition, I support the idea of an education tax credit."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Millis served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Commerce and Job Development, Vice Chair|
|• Public Utilities and Energy|
|• Regulatory Reform|
|• State Personnel|
Mills ran in the 2012 election for North Carolina House of Representatives District 16. He defeated Jeff Howell and Timothy Thomas in the Republican primary on May 8, 2012. He was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 16, General Election, 2012|
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 16 Republican Primary, 2012|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Chris + Millis + North Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Chris Millis on Facebook
Carolyn Justice (R)
|North Carolina House - District 16
| Succeeded by|
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |